9 CFR 592.90 - Authority and duties of inspection program personnel performing service.
(a) Inspection program personnel are authorized:
(1) To make such observations and inspections as they deem necessary to enable them to certify that products have been prepared, processed, stored, and otherwise handled in conformity with the regulations in this part;
(2) To supervise the marking of packages containing products that are eligible to be identified with official identification;
(3) To retain in their custody, or under their supervision, labels with official identification, marking devices, samples, certificates, seals, and reports of inspection program personnel;
(4) To deface or remove, or cause to be defaced or removed under their personal supervision, any official identification from any package containing products whenever the program employee determines that such products were not processed in accordance with the regulations in this part or are not fit for human food;
(6) To use retention tags or other devices and methods as may be approved by the Administrator for the identification and control of products that are not in compliance with the regulations in this part or are held for further examination, and any equipment, utensils, rooms or compartments that are found to be unclean or otherwise in violation of any of the regulations in this part. No product, equipment, utensil, room, or compartment shall be released for use until it has been made acceptable. Such identification shall not be removed by anyone other than inspection program personnel.
Title 9 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.