N.J. Admin. Code § 13:31A-2.1 - Requirements for locksmith licensure
(a) An applicant seeking licensure as a locksmith shall:
1. Be at least 18 years of age;
2. Be of good moral character pursuant to 45:5A-27;
3. Not have been convicted of a crime of the first, second or third degree within 10 years prior to the filing of the application for licensure;
4. Hold a high school diploma or equivalency certificate;
5. Have successfully completed the locksmithing examination set forth in 13:31A-2.3;
6. Have immediately preceding the submission of the application:
i. At least three years of practical hands-on experience in the provision of locksmithing services. For purposes of this section, three years means a 36-month period, with at least 20 working days per month, during which the applicant has been engaged in the full-time provision of locksmithing services as defined in N.J.A.C. 13:31A-1.2, equal to a minimum of 5,040 hours. "Practical hands-on experience" shall not include time spent supervising, engaging in the practice of engineering, estimating, and performing other managerial tasks relevant to the provision of locksmithing services; or
ii. Completed a two-year apprenticeship program in the provision of locksmithing services approved by the Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training of the United States Department of Labor; and
7. Have three years immediately preceding the submission of the application successfully completed two hours of training in the Barrier Free Subcode, N.J.A.C. 5:23-7, two hours of training in the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code, N.J.A.C. 5:23, exclusive of the Barrier Free Subcode, two hours of training in the Americans with Disabilities Act Code, 36 CFR 1191, two hours of training in industrial safety, and two hours of training in New Jersey law and rules governing the provision of burglar alarm, fire alarm, and locksmithing services.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.