R414-503-7 - Individualized Level II Determinations
R414-503-7. Individualized Level II Determinations
The Level II Evaluator may make one of the following individualized determinations:
(1) The person does not need nursing facility services. This determination disqualifies the person from admission to a Medicare/Medicaid-certified nursing facility.
(2) The person does not need nursing facility services but does need specialized services as defined by the State Mental Health Authority or Intellectual Disability or Related Condition Authority. This determination disqualifies the person from admission to a Medicare/Medicaid- certified nursing facility.
(3) The person needs nursing facility services but not specialized services. This determination qualifies the person for admission to a Medicare/Medicaid-certified nursing facility.
(4) The person needs nursing facility services and requires specialized services. The Level II Evaluation will specify the specialized services that are needed. This determination qualifies the person for admission to a Medicare/Medicaid-certified nursing facility. The State Mental Health Authority or the Intellectual Disabilities or Related Conditions Authority shall provide a copy of the Level II Evaluation and findings to the person, the person's legal representative, the nursing facility, and the attending physician.
(5) Out-of-State Arrangement for Payment: The state in which the person is a resident (or would be a resident at the time the person becomes eligible for Medicaid) as defined in 42 CFR 435.403 shall pay for the Level II Evaluation in accordance with 42 CFR 431.52(b).
(6) The nursing facility, in consultation with the person and his legal representative, shall arrange for a safe and orderly discharge from the nursing facility, and shall assist with linking the person to supportive services and preparing the person for discharge if the person no longer meets the medical criteria for nursing facility services, or a Level II Evaluation disqualifies the person as no longer eligible for nursing facility placement.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.