42 U.S. Code § 12101 - Findings and purpose
This chapter, referred to in subsec. (b), was in the original “this Act”, meaning Pub. L. 101–336, July 26, 1990, 104 Stat. 327, which is classified principally to this chapter. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title note set out below and Tables.
2008—Subsec. (a)(1). Pub. L. 110–325, § 3(1), amended par. (1) generally. Prior to amendment, par. (1) read as follows: “some 43,000,000 Americans have one or more physical or mental disabilities, and this number is increasing as the population as a whole is growing older;”.
Subsec. (a)(7) to (9). Pub. L. 110–325, § 3(2), (3), redesignated pars. (8) and (9) as (7) and (8), respectively, and struck out former par. (7) which read as follows: “individuals with disabilities are a discrete and insular minority who have been faced with restrictions and limitations, subjected to a history of purposeful unequal treatment, and relegated to a position of political powerlessness in our society, based on characteristics that are beyond the control of such individuals and resulting from stereotypic assumptions not truly indicative of the individual ability of such individuals to participate in, and contribute to, society;”.
Pub. L. 106–170, title III, § 303(a), Dec. 17, 1999, 113 Stat. 1903, provided that, as soon as practicable after Dec. 17, 1999, the Comptroller General was to undertake a study to assess existing tax credits and other disability-related employment incentives under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. 12101 et seq.) and other Federal laws, specifically addressing the extent to which such credits and other incentives would encourage employers to hire and retain individuals with disabilities; and that, not later than 3 years after Dec. 17, 1999, the Comptroller General was to transmit to the appropriate congressional committees a written report presenting the results of the study and any appropriate recommendations for legislative or administrative changes.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- Alaska Admin. Code Title 6 § 65.010 - 6 AAC 65.010 - Policy on nondiscriminatory treatment of qualified individuals with disabilities
- Alaska Admin. Code Title 7 § 45.235 - 7 AAC 45.235 - Determining physical or mental ability to perform gainful activity
- Ariz. Admin. Code R17-5-302 - R17-5-302 - Professional Driver Training School and Traffic Survival School Licensing; Eligibility and Application Requirements
- Ariz. Admin. Code R17-7-704 - R17-7-704 - Additional Authorized Driver License Training Provider Program Requirements
- 2 CCR Sec. 60842 - § 60842 - General Requirements Applicable to Every Phase of the Application Process.
- 8 CCR Sec. 9708.4 - § 9708.4 - Disability Accommodation Requests in Division of Workers' Compensation Hearings.
- 10 CCR 2505-10 8.300 - 10 CCR 2505-10 8.300 - MEDICAL ASSISTANCE - SECTION 8.300 Hospital Services, Long Term Care Single Entry Point System
- 3 CCR 702-4 Series 4-2 - 3 CCR 702-4 Series 4-2 - LIFE, ACCIDENT AND HEALTH, Series 4-2 Accident and Health (General)
- Fla. Admin. Code r. 69I-42.012 - 69I-42.012 - Requirements for Reimbursement of Expenditures by Physically Handicapped Travelers
- Haw. Code R. §3-141-403 - §3-141-403 - No exemption from laws governing the treatment of persons with disabilities
- IL Admin. Code 23.1400.50 - Section 1400.50 - Organization and Compensation of the Board of Examiners
- IL Admin. Code 50.2001.9 - Section 2001.9 - Prohibiting Discrimination Against Participants and Beneficiaries Based on Health Status
- IL Admin. Code 77.2060.301 - Section 2060.301 - Federal, State and Local Regulations and Court Rules
- IL Admin. Code 89.140.TABLE O - Section 140.TABLE O - Criteria for Participation as a Behavioral Health Clinic
- IL Admin. Code 89.240.1550 - Section 240.1550 - Standard Requirements for Adult Day Service Providers
- 820 Ind. Admin. Code 3-1-17 - 820 IAC 3-1-17 - No pets; cosmetology schools, cosmetology salons, electrology salons, manicurist salons, esthetic salons, and self-contained mobile salons
- Iowa Admin. Code r. 281-24.5 - 281.24.5 - Accreditation components and criteria—additional state standards.
- Iowa Admin. Code r. 761-540.4 - 761.540.4 - Application for transportation network company permit and supporting documents.
- La. Admin. Code tit. 40, Part I, §6667 - §6667 - Employee Authorization for OWCA to Release Confidential Workers' Compensation Records; LWC-WC-1151
- La. Admin. Code tit. 40, Part III, §502 - §502 - Louisiana Workers' Compensation Second Injury Board Post-Hire/Conditional Job Offer Knowledge Questionnaire; Form D
- La. Admin. Code tit. 67, Part V, §7303 - §7303 - Authority-Foster Care, Adoption, Transitional Placing
- 05 071 Me. Code R. Ch. 101 - Ch. 101 - Maine Unified Special Education Regulation Birth to Age Twenty
- 10 144 Me. Code R. Ch. 101 § Ch. I - Section 1 - Ch. I - Section 1 - General Administrative Policies and Procedures
- 10 144 Me. Code R. Ch. 272 § CHAPTER VII - CHAPTER VII - SUPPLEMENTAL SERVICES THROUGH THE C.C.S./C.S.H.N. PROGRAM
- 14 118 Me. Code R. Ch. 5 - Ch. 5 - Regulations for Licensing and Certifying of Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- 14 197 Me. Code R. Ch. 10 - Ch. 10 - Certification Requirements for Agencies Seeking to Provide Community Based Targeted Case Management for Adults with Mental Retardation and Autism
- COMAR 10.63.01.05 - 10.63.01.05 - Requirements for Licensed Community-Based Behavioral Health Program.
- COMAR 10.63.05.07 - 10.63.05.07 - Requirements for Programs Requiring Non-Accreditation-Based Licenses.
- Miss. Admin. Code. 32-11-361.54 - Sec. 361.54 - Participation of individuals in cost of services based on financial need.
- Nev. Admin. Code § 424.400 - 424.400 - Safety from fire: Equipment; walls and ceilings; accommodations for certain children with disabilities.
- Nev. Admin. Code § 641.080 - 641.080 - Supervised experience: Applicant for licensure as psychologist.
- Nev. Admin. Code § 645.800 - 645.800 - Permit to engage in property management: General requirements; fees; effective date.
- 16 NCAC 06E .0107 - 16 NCAC 06E .0107 - SCHOOL VIOLENCE ACTS DEFINED AND THE ANNUAL REPORT OF THESE CRIMES
- N.D. Admin. Code 67-09-01-05.1 - 67-09-01-05.1 - Approval of remodeling construction costing less than three hundred fifty thousand dollars.
- N.D. Admin. Code 67-09-01-05.2 - 67-09-01-05.2 - Approval of new construction or remodeling construction costing three hundred fifty thousand dollars or more.
- Ohio Admin. Code 3701-18-06.1 - 3701-18-06.1 - General post-approval requirements for training and competency evaluation programs.
- Ohio Admin. Code 3701-18-16 - 3701-18-16 - Criteria for train-the-trainer approval and reapproval; approval period; and post approval requirements.
- Ohio Admin. Code 5123-7-02 - 5123-7-02 - Intermediate care facilities for individuals with intellectual disabilities - provider agreement and other essential requirements.
- Ohio Admin. Code 5160-3-02.2 - 5160-3-02.2 - Nursing facilities (NFs): termination, denial, and non-revalidation of provider agreements.
- Ohio Admin. Code 5160-43-04 - 5160-43-04 - Specialized recovery services program covered services and provider requirements.
- Okla Admin. Code § 260:25-3-22 - Section 260:25-3-22 - Training requirements for discrimination complaints investigators
- 218-RICR-40-00-06 - Part 6 - Rules and Regulations Governing the Prescription Drug Discount Program for the Uninsured (218-RICR-40-00-06)
- 218-RICR-40-00-3 - Part 3 - Rules, Regulations, and Standards Governing Security for Housing for the Elderly (218-RICR-40-00-3)
- 218-RICR-40-00-5 - Part 5 - Rules, Regulations, and Standards for Certification of Case Management Agencies (218-RICR-40-00-5)
- 12 Va. Admin. Code § 30-120-1040 - 12VAC30-120-1040 - General requirements for participating providers.
- 12 Va. Admin. Code § 30-120-1530 - 12VAC30-120-1530 - General requirements for home and community-based participating providers.
- 12 Va. Admin. Code § 30-120-1720 - 12VAC30-120-1720 - Covered services; limits; changes to or termination of services.
- 12 Va. Admin. Code § 30-120-1730 - 12VAC30-120-1730 - General requirements for participating providers.
- 12 Va. Admin. Code § 30-120-730 - 12VAC30-120-730 - General requirements for home and community-based participating providers.
- 12 Va. Admin. Code § 30-120-930 - 12VAC30-120-930 - General requirements for home and community-based participating providers.
- 8 Va. Admin. Code § 20-543-240 - 8VAC20-543-240 - Career and technical education transition and special needs (add-on endorsement).
- Wash. Admin. Code § 173-27-040 - 173-27-040 - Developments exempt from substantial development permit requirement.
- WV Code Reg. 69-11-10 - §69-11-10 - Facility Construction and Renovations; Life Safety Policies and Procedures
- Family Services, Dept. of, Providers of Substitute Care Services, Certification of, Ch. 3 § 19 - Section 19 - Requirements for New (Purchased or Leased) Construction and Additions to Existing Structures.
- Family Services, Dept. of, Providers of Substitute Care Services, Certification of, Ch. 3 § 23 - Section 23 - Child Rights.