Each State, as a condition for having its State plan approved under this part, must establish guidelines for child support award amounts within the State. The guidelines may be established by law or by judicial or administrative action, and shall be reviewed at least once every 4 years to ensure that their application results in the determination of appropriate child support award amounts.
42 U.S. Code § 667 - State guidelines for child support awards
1988—Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 100–485, § 103(b), inserted “, and shall be reviewed at least once every 4 years to ensure that their application results in the determination of appropriate child support award amounts” before period at end.
Subsec. (b). Pub. L. 100–485, § 103(a), designated existing provisions as par. (1), struck out “, but need not be binding upon such judges or other officials” after “within such State”, and added par. (2).
Pub. L. 100–485, title I, § 128, Oct. 13, 1988, 102 Stat. 2356, directed Secretary of Health and Human Services, by grant or contract, to conduct a study of patterns of expenditures on children in 2-parent families, in single-parent families following divorce or separation, and in single-parent families in which parents were never married, giving particular attention to the relative standards of living in households in which both parents and all of the children do not live together, and submit to Congress no later than 2 years after Oct. 13, 1988, a full and complete report of results of such study, including recommendations for legislative, administrative, and other actions.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- N.D. Admin. Code 75-02-04.1-02 - 75-02-04.1-02 - Determination of support amount - General instructions.
- N.D. Admin. Code 75-02-04.1-03 - 75-02-04.1-03 - Determination of child support obligation - Split custody or primary residential responsibility.
- N.D. Admin. Code 75-02-04.1-06 - 75-02-04.1-06 - Determining the cost of supporting a child living with the obligor.
- N.D. Admin. Code 75-02-04.1-06.1 - 75-02-04.1-06.1 - Determination of support amount in multiple-family cases.
- N.D. Admin. Code 75-02-04.1-08.2 - 75-02-04.1-08.2 - Equal residential responsibility - Determination of child support obligation.
- N.D. Admin. Code 75-02-04.1-11 - 75-02-04.1-11 - Parental responsibility for children in foster care or guardianship care.