42 U.S. Code § 7588 - Federal agency fleets
The provisions of this section shall apply, in addition to the other provisions of this part, in the case of covered fleet vehicles owned or operated by an agency, department, or instrumentality of the United States, except as otherwise provided in subsection (e) of this section.
Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 601–611 of title 40, the Administrator of General Services shall not include the incremental costs of clean-fuel vehicles in the amount to be reimbursed by Federal agencies if the Administrator of General Services determines that appropriations provided pursuant to this paragraph are sufficient to provide for the incremental cost of such vehicles over the cost of comparable conventional vehicles.
The incremental cost of vehicles acquired under this part over the cost of comparable conventional vehicles shall not be applied to any calculation with respect to a limitation under law on the maximum cost of individual vehicles which may be required by the United States.
The requirements of this part shall not apply to vehicles with respect to which the Secretary of Defense has certified to the Administrator that an exemption is needed based on national security consideration.
Federal agencies, to the extent practicable, shall obtain clean-fuel vehicles from original equipment manufacturers.
There are authorized to be appropriated such sums as may be required to carry out the provisions of this section:
In subsec. (b), “sections 601–611 of title 40” substituted for “section 211 of the Federal Property and Administrative Services Act of 1949”, and, in subsec. (g), “the General Supply Fund established in section 321 of title 40” substituted for “the General Supply Fund established in section 109 of the Federal Property and Administrative Services Act of 1949”, on authority of Pub. L. 107–217, § 5(c), Aug. 21, 2002, 116 Stat. 1303, the first section of which enacted Title 40, Public Buildings, Property, and Works.
The General Supply Fund, referred to in subsec. (g), was abolished and its capital assets and balances transferred to the Acquisition Services Fund by section 3(a)–(c) of Pub. L. 109–313, set out as an Acquisition Services Fund note under section 321 of Title 40, Public Buildings, Property, and Works.