10 CFR 150.20 - Recognition of Agreement State licenses.
(1) Provided that the provisions of paragraph (b) of this section have been met, any person who holds a specific license from an Agreement State, where the licensee maintains an office for directing the licensed activity and retaining radiation safety records, is granted a general license to conduct the same activity in -
(i) Non-Agreement States;
(ii) Areas of Exclusive Federal jurisdiction within Agreement States; and
(iii) Offshore waters.
(2) The provisions of paragraph (a)(1) of this section do not apply if the specific Agreement State license limits the authorized activity to a specific installation or location.
(b) Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in any specific license issued by an Agreement State to a person engaging in activities in a non-Agreement State, in an area of exclusive Federal jurisdiction within an Agreement State, or in offshore waters under the general licenses provided in this section, the general licenses provided in this section are subject to all the provisions of the Act, now or hereafter in effect, and to all applicable rules, regulations, and orders of the Commission including the provisions of §§ 30.7(a) through (f), 30.9, 30.10, 30.34, 30.41, and 30.51 through 30.63 of this chapter; §§ 40.7(a) through (f), 40.9, 40.10, 40.41, 40.51, 40.61 through 40.63, 40.71, and 40.81 of this chapter; §§ 70.7(a) through (f), 70.9, 70.10, 70.32, 70.42, 70.52, 70.55, 70.56, 70.60 through 70.62 of this chapter; §§ 74.11, 74.15, and 74.19 of this chapter; and to the provisions of 10 CFR parts 19, 20 and 71 and subparts C through H of part 34, §§ 39.15 and 39.31 through 39.77 of this chapter. In addition, any person engaging in activities in non-Agreement States, in areas of exclusive Federal jurisdiction within Agreement States, or in offshore waters under the general licenses provided in this section:
(1) Shall, at least 3 days before engaging in each activity for the first time in a calendar year, file a submittal containing an NRC Form 241, “Report of Proposed Activities in Non-Agreement States,” a copy of its Agreement State specific license, and the appropriate fee as prescribed in § 170.31 of this chapter with the Regional Administrator of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission Regional Office listed on the NRC Form 241 and in appendix D to part 20 of this chapter for the Region in which the Agreement State that issued the license is located. If a submittal cannot be filed 3 days before engaging in activities under reciprocity, because of an emergency or other reason, the Regional Administrator may waive the 3-day time requirement provided the licensee:
(i) Informs the Region by telephone, facsimile, an NRC Form 241, or a letter of initial activities or revisions to the information submitted on the initial NRC Form 241;
(ii) Receives oral or written authorization for the activity from the region; and
(iii) Within 3 days after the notification, files an NRC Form 241, a copy of the Agreement State license, and the fee payment.
(2) Shall file an amended NRC Form 241 or letter with the Regional Administrator to request approval for changes in work locations, radioactive material, or work activities different from the information contained on the initial NRC Form 241.
(3) Shall not, in any non-Agreement State, in an area of exclusive Federal jurisdiction within an Agreement State, or in offshore waters, transfer or dispose of radioactive material possessed or used under the general licenses provided in this section, except by transfer to a person who is specifically licensed by the Commission to receive this material.
(4) Shall not, under the general license concerning activities in non-Agreement States or in areas of exclusive Federal jurisdiction within Agreement States, possess or use radioactive materials, or engage in the activities authorized in paragraph (a) of this section, for more than 180 days in any calendar year, except that the general license in paragraph (a) of this section concerning activities in offshore waters authorizes that person to possess or use radioactive materials, or engage in the activities authorized, for an unlimited period of time.
(5) Shall comply with all terms and conditions of the specific license issued by an Agreement State except such terms or conditions as are contrary to the requirements of this section.
Title 10 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 10 CFR Part 150 after this date.