12 CFR 208.76 - What Federal Reserve approvals are necessary for financial subsidiaries?
(a) Notice requirements. (1) A state member bank may not acquire control of, or an interest in, a financial subsidiary unless it files a notice (in letter form, with enclosures) with the appropriate Reserve Bank.
(2) A state member bank may not engage in any additional activity pursuant to § 208.72(a)(1) or (2) through an existing financial subsidiary unless the state member bank files a notice (in letter form, with enclosures) with the appropriate Reserve Bank.
(b) Contents of Notice. Any notice required by paragraph (a) of this section must:
(1) In the case of a notice filed under paragraph (a)(1) of this section, describe the transaction(s) through which the bank proposes to acquire control of, or an interest in, the financial subsidiary;
(2) Provide the name and head office address of the financial subsidiary;
(3) Provide a description of the current and proposed activities of the financial subsidiary and the specific authority permitting each activity;
(4) Provide the capital ratios as of the close of the previous calendar quarter for all relevant capital measures, as defined in section 38 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act (12 U.S.C. 1831o), for the bank and each of its depository institution affiliates;
(5) Certify that the bank and each of its depository institution affiliates was well capitalized at the close of the previous calendar quarter and is well capitalized as of the date the bank files its notice;
(6) Certify that the bank and each of its depository institution affiliates is well managed as of the date the bank files its notice;
(7) Certify that the bank meets the debt rating or alternative requirement of § 208.71(b), if applicable; and
(8) Certify that the bank and its financial subsidiaries are in compliance with the asset limit set forth in § 208.71(a)(2) both before the proposal and on a pro forma basis.
(c) Insurance activities. (1) If a notice filed under paragraph (a) of this section relates to the initial affiliation of the bank with a company engaged in insurance activities, the notice must describe the type of insurance activity that the company is engaged in or plans to conduct and identify each state where the company holds an insurance license and the state insurance regulatory authority that issued the license.
(2) The appropriate Reserve Bank will send a copy of any notice described in paragraph (c)(1) of this section to the appropriate state insurance regulatory authorities and provide such authorities with an opportunity to comment on the proposal.
(d) Approval procedures. A notice filed with the appropriate Reserve Bank under paragraph (a) of this section will be deemed approved on the fifteenth day after receipt of a complete notice by the appropriate Reserve Bank, unless prior to that date the Board or the appropriate Reserve Bank notifies the bank that the notice is approved, that the notice will require additional review, or that the bank does not meet the requirements of this subpart. Any notification of early approval of a notice must be in writing.
Title 12 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 12 CFR Part 208 after this date.