12 CFR 702.2 - Definitions.
(a)Appropriate Regional Director means the director of the NCUA Regional Office having jurisdiction over federally insured credit unions in the state where the affected credit union is principally located or, for credit unions with $10 billion or more in assets, the Director of the Office of National Examinations and Supervision.
(f)Net Worth means (1) The retained earnings balance of the credit union at quarter-end as determined under generally accepted accounting principles, subject to paragraph (f)(3) of this section. Retained earnings consists of undivided earnings, regular reserves, and any other appropriations designated by management or regulatory authorities;
(2) For a low income-designated credit union, net worth also includes secondary capital accounts that are uninsured and subordinate to all other claims, including claims of creditors, shareholders and the NCUSIF; and
(3) For a credit union that acquires another credit union in a mutual combination, net worth includes the retained earnings of the acquired credit union, or of an integrated set of activities and assets, less any bargain purchase gain recognized in either case to the extent the difference between the two is greater than zero. The acquired retained earnings must be determined at the point of acquisition under generally accepted accounting principles. A mutual combination is a transaction in which a credit union acquires another credit union or acquires an integrated set of activities and assets that is capable of being conducted and managed as a credit union.
(i) Have a remaining maturity of more than 5 years;
(ii) Are subordinate to all other claims including those of shareholders, creditors and the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund;
(iii) Are not pledged as security on a loan to, or other obligation of, any party;
(iv) Are not insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund;
(v) Have non-cumulative dividends;
(vi) Are transferable; and
(vii) Are available to cover operating losses realized by the insured credit union that exceed its available retained earnings.
(g)Net worth ratio means the ratio of the net worth of the credit union (as defined in paragraph (f) of this section) to the total assets of the credit union (as defined by a measure chosen under paragraph (j) of this section).
(i)Average quarterly balance. The average of quarter-end balances of the current and three preceding calendar quarters; or
(ii)Average monthly balance. The average of month-end balances over the three calendar months of the calendar quarter; or
(iii)Average daily balance. The average daily balance over the calendar quarter; or
(2) For each quarter, a credit union must elect a measure of total assets from paragraph (k)(1) of this section to apply for all purposes under this part except §§ 702.103 through 702.108 [risk-based net worth requirement].
(l)Weighted-average life means the weighted-average time to the return of a dollar of principal, calculated by multiplying each portion of principal received by the time at which it is expected to be received (based on a reasonable and supportable estimate of that time), and then summing and dividing by the total amount of principal.
- 12 CFR 701.21 — Loans to Members and Lines of Credit to Members.
- 12 CFR 702.202 — Prompt Corrective Action for “undercapitalized” Credit Unions.
- 12 CFR 700.2 — Definitions.
- 12 CFR 702.302 — Net Worth Categories for New Credit Unions.
- 12 CFR 703.2 — Definitions.
- 12 CFR 702.101 — Measures and Effective Date of Net Worth Classification.
- 12 CFR 702.105 — Weighted-Average Life of Investments.
- 12 CFR 702.205 — Consultation With State Officials on Proposed Prompt Corrective Action.
- 12 CFR 703.101 — Definitions.