15 CFR Appendix A to Part 8, Federal Financial Assistance Covered by Title VI
1. Loans, grants, technical and other assistance for public works and development facilities, for supplementing Federal grants-in-aid, for private businesses, and for other purposes, including assistance in connection with designated economic development districts and regions (Public Works and Economic Development Act of 1965, as amended, 42 U.S.C. 3121et seq.).
4. Assistance to projects involving construction of local and State public facilities in order to reduce unemployment and provide State and local governments with badly needed public facilities (Local Public Works Capital Development and Assistance Act of 1976, 42 U.S.C. 6701- 6710).
1. Operating differential subsidy assistance to operators of U.S. flag vessels engaged in U.S. foreign commerce ( 46 U.S.C. 1171et seq.).
1. Grants to universities and other research organizations for fire research and safety programs ( 15 U.S.C. 278f).
3. Public education assistance planning: Publications, audiovisual presentations and demonstrations, research, testing, and experimentation to determine the most effective means for such public education ( 15 U.S.C. 2205c).
4. Policy development assistance: Studies of the operations and management aspects of fire services ( 15 U.S.C. 2207c).
1. Assistance to States, educational institutions, and the commercial fishing industry for the development of tuna and other latent fisheries ( 16 U.S.C. 758e).
2. Assistance to States for the development and implementation of programs to protect and study certain species of marine mammals ( 16 U.S.C. 1379b).
3. Financial assistance to States with agencies which have entered into a cooperative agreement to assist in the preservation of threatened and endangered species ( 16 U.S.C. 1535).
4. Assistance to coastal States for the development of estuarine sanctuaries to serve as field laboratories and for acquiring access to public beaches ( 16 U.S.C. 1461).
6. Assistance to coastal States to help communities in dealing with the economic, social, and environmental consequences resulting from expanded coastal energy activity ( 16 U.S.C. 1456).
7. Authority to enter into cooperative agreements with “colleges and universities, with game and fish departments of the several States, and with nonprofit organizations relating to cooperative research units.” Assistance limited to assignment of personnel, supplies, and incidental expenses ( 16 U.S.C. 753 a and b).
8. Grants for education and training of personnel in the field of commercial fishing, “to public and nonprofit private universities and colleges * * *” ( 16 U.S.C. 760d).
9. Grants for “office and any other necessary space” for the Northern Pacific Halibut Commission ( 16 U.S.C. 772).
14. Fish research and experimentation program cooperation with other agencies in acquisition of lands, construction of buildings, employment of personnel in establishing and maintaining research stations ( 16 U.S.C. 778a).
15. Assistance to upgrade commercial fishing vessels and gear ( 16 U.S.C. 742c).
17. Assistance to State and other non-Federal interests under cooperative agreements to conserve, develop, and enhance anadromous and Great Lakes Fisheries ( 16 U.S.C. 757aet seq.).
18. Grants and other assistance under the National Sea Grant College and Program Act of 1966: To support establishment of major university centers for marine research, education, training, and advisory services ( 33 U.S.C. 1121- 1124).
19. Geodetic surveys and services; advisory services; dissemination of technical information ( 33 U.S.C. 883a).
20. Nautical charts assistance; advisory services; dissemination of technical information ( 33 U.S.C. 883a).
21. River and flood forecast and warning services; advisory services ( 15 U.S.C. 313).
23. Commercial fisheries disaster assistance ( 16 U.S.C. 779b).
24. Provision for the Weather Service to assist in joint projects “of mutual interest” ( 15 U.S.C. 1525).
1. Grants for the planning and construction of public telecommunications facilities for the production and distribution of noncommercial educational and cultural radio and television programming and related instructional and informational materials. (Public Telecommunications Financing Act of 1978, 47 U.S.C. Sections 390- 394).
1. Assistance to minority business enterprises: Grants, contracts, advisory service, technical information ( 15 U.S.C. 1512; title III of the Public Works and Economic Development Act of 1965, as amended, 42 U.S.C. 3151; Executive Order 11625, Oct. 13, 1971).
1. Supplemental grants to Federal grant-in-aid programs and technical assistance funds for planning, investigations, studies, training programs, and demonstration projects, including demonstrations in energy, transportation, health and nutrition, education and indigenous arts and crafts (title V of the Public Works and Economic Development Act of 1965, as amended, 42 U.S.C. 3181- 3196).
1. Assistance to strengthen the domestic and foreign commerce of the United States, and to promote friendly understanding and appreciation of the United States by encouraging foreign residents to visit the United States ( 22 U.S.C. 2121et seq.).
1. Public Works and Economic Development Act of 1965, as amended ( 42 U.S.C. 3121et seq.).