17 CFR 141.4 - Notice requirements.
(a) Deductions shall not be made unless the employee is provided with written notice of the debt at least 30 days before salary offset commences.
(1) A statement that the debt is owed and an explanation of its nature, and amount;
(2) The agency's intention to collect the debt by deducting from the employee's current disposable pay account;
(4) An explanation of interest, penalties, and administrative charges, including a statement that such charges will be assessed unless excused in accordance with the Federal Claims Collections Standards at 4 CFR 101.1 et seq.;
(5) The employee's right to inspect, request, and receive a copy of government records relating to the debt;
(6) The opportunity to establish a written schedule for the voluntary repayment of the debt;
(7) The right to a hearing conducted by an impartial hearing official;
(9) A statement that the timely filing of a petition for a hearing will stay the commencement of collection proceedings;
(10) A statement that a final decision on the hearing will be issued not later than 60 days after the filing of the petition requesting the hearing unless the employee requests and the hearing official grants a delay in the proceedings;
(11) A statement that knowingly false or frivolous statements, representations, or evidence may subject the employee to:
(i) Disciplinary procedures appropriate under chapter 75 of 5 U.S.C., 5 CFR part 752, or any other applicable statutes or regulations;
(ii) Penalties under the False Claims Act, 31 U.S.C. 3729-3731, or any other applicable statutory authority; or
(iii) Criminal penalties under 18 U.S.C. 286, 287, 1001, and 1002 or any other applicable statutory authority.
(12) A statement of other rights and remedies available to the employee under statutes or regulations governing the program for which the collection is being made; and
(13) Unless there are contractual or statutory provisions to the contrary, a statement that amounts paid on or deducted for the debt which are later waived or found not owed to the United States will be promptly refunded to the employee.
Title 17 published on 2014-04-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 17 CFR Part 141.