17 CFR 165.11 - Awards based upon related actions.
Provided that a whistleblower or whistleblowers comply with the requirements in §§ 165.3, 165.5 and 165.7, and pursuant to § 165.8, the Commission or its delegate may grant an award based on the amount of monetary sanctions collected in a “related action” or “related actions” rather than on the amount collected in a covered judicial or administrative action, where:
(a) A “related action” is a judicial or administrative action that is brought by:
(1) The Department of Justice;
(2) An appropriate department or agency of the Federal Government, acting within the scope of its jurisdiction;
(3) A registered entity, registered futures association, or self-regulatory organization;
(4) A State criminal or appropriate civil agency, acting within the scope of its jurisdiction; or
(5) A foreign futures authority; and
(b) The “related action” is based on the same original information that the whistleblower voluntarily submitted to the Commission and led to a successful resolution of the Commission judicial or administrative action.