17 CFR 229.501 - (Item 501) Forepart of Registration Statement and Outside Front Cover Page of Prospectus.
The registrant must furnish the following information in plain English. See § 230.421(d) of Regulation C of this chapter.
(a) Front cover page of the registration statement. Where appropriate, include the delaying amendment legend from
(b) Outside front cover page of the prospectus. Limit the outside cover page to one page. If the following information applies to your offering, disclose it on the outside cover page of the prospectus.
(2) Title and amount of securities. The title and amount of securities offered. Separately state the amount of securities offered by selling security holders, if any. If the underwriter has any arrangement with the issuer, such as an over-allotment option, under which the underwriter may purchase additional shares in connection with the offering, indicate that this arrangement exists and state the amount of additional shares that the underwriter may purchase under the arrangement. Give a brief description of the securities except where the information is clear from the title of the security. For example, you are not required to describe common stock that has full voting, dividend and liquidation rights usually associated with common stock.
(3) Offering price of the securities. Where you offer securities for cash, the price to the public of the securities, the underwriter's discounts and commissions, the net proceeds you receive, and any selling shareholder's net proceeds. Show this information on both a per share or unit basis and for the total amount of the offering. If you make the offering on a minimum/maximum basis, show this information based on the total minimum and total maximum amount of the offering. You may present the information in a table, term sheet format, or other clear presentation. You may present the information in any format that fits the design of the cover page so long as the information can be easily read and is not misleading:
(A) A bona fide estimate of the range of the maximum offering price and the maximum number of securities offered; or
(B) A bona fide estimate of the principal amount of the debt securities offered.
2. If it is impracticable to state the price to the public, explain the method by which the price is to be determined. If the securities are to be offered at the market price, or if the offering price is to be determined by a formula related to the market price, indicate the market and market price of the securities as of the latest practicable date.
3. If you file a registration statement on Form S-8, you are not required to comply with this paragraph (b)(3).
(4) Market for the securities. Whether any national securities exchange or the Nasdaq Stock Market lists the securities offered, naming the particular market(s), and identifying the trading symbol(s) for those securities;
(5) Risk factors. A cross-reference to the risk factors section, including the page number where it appears in the prospectus. Highlight this cross-reference by prominent type or in another manner;
(6) State legend. Any legend or statement required by the law of any state in which the securities are to be offered. You may combine this with any legend required by the SEC, if appropriate;
(7) Commission legend. A legend that indicates that neither the Securities and Exchange Commission nor any state securities commission has approved or disapproved of the securities or passed upon the accuracy or adequacy of the disclosures in the prospectus and that any contrary representation is a criminal offense. You may use one of the following or other clear, plain language:
(i) Name(s) of the lead or managing underwriter(s) and an identification of the nature of the underwriting arrangements;
(ii) If the offering is not made on a firm commitment basis, a brief description of the underwriting arrangements. You may use any clear, concise, and accurate description of the underwriting arrangements. You may use the following descriptions of underwriting arrangements where appropriate:
(iii) If you offer the securities on a best efforts or best efforts minimum/maximum basis, the date the offering will end, any minimum purchase requirements, and any arrangements to place the funds in an escrow, trust, or similar account. If you have not made any of these arrangements, state this fact and describe the effect on investors;
(9) Date of prospectus. The date of the prospectus;
(10) Prospectus “Subject to Completion” legend. If you use the prospectus before the effective date of the registration statement, a prominent statement that:
(i) The information in the prospectus will be amended or completed;
(ii) A registration statement relating to these securities has been filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission;
(iii) The securities may not be sold until the registration statement becomes effective; and
(iv) The prospectus is not an offer to sell the securities and it is not soliciting an offer to buy the securities in any state where offers or sales are not permitted. The legend may be in the following or other clear, plain language:
The information in this prospectus is not complete and may be changed. We may not sell these securities until the registration statement filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission is effective. This prospectus is not an offer to sell these securities and it is not soliciting an offer to buy these securities in any state where the offer or sale is not permitted.
(11) If you use § 230.430A of this chapter to omit pricing information and the prospectus is used before you determine the public offering price, the information and legend in paragraph (b)(10) of this section.
Title 17 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 17 CFR Part 229 after this date.