17 CFR 230.430A - Prospectus in a registration statement at the time of effectiveness.
(a) The form of prospectus filed as part of a registration statement that is declared effective may omit information with respect to the public offering price, underwriting syndicate (including any material relationships between the registrant and underwriters not named therein), underwriting discounts or commissions, discounts or commissions to dealers, amount of proceeds, conversion rates, call prices and other items dependent upon the offering price, delivery dates, and terms of the securities dependent upon the offering date; and such form of prospectus need not contain such information in order for the registration statement to meet the requirements of Section 7 of the Securities Act ( 15 U.S.C. 77g) for the purposes of Section 5 thereof ( 15 U.S.C. 77e), Provided, That:
(1) The securities to be registered are offered for cash;
(3) The information ommitted in reliance upon paragraph (a) from the form of prospectus filed as part of a registration statement that is declared effective is contained in a form of prospectus filed with the Commission pursuant to Rule 424(b) or Rule 497(h) under the Securities Act (§§ 230.424(b) or 230.497(h) of this chapter); except that if such form of prospectus is not so filed by the later of fifteen business days after the effective date of the registration statement or fifteen business days after the effectiveness of a post-effective amendment thereto that contains a form of prospectus, or transmitted by a means reasonably calculated to result in filing with the Commission by that date, the information omitted in reliance upon paragraph (a) must be contained in an effective post-effective amendment to the registration statement.
(b) The information omitted in reliance upon paragraph (a) from the form of prospectus filed as part of an effective registration statement, and contained in the form of prospectus filed with the Commission pursuant to Rule 424(b) or Rule 497(h) under the Securities Act (§§ 230.424(b) or 230.497(h) of this chapter), shall be deemed to be a part of the registration statement as of the time it was declared effective.
(c) When used prior to determination of the offering price of the securities, a form of prospectus relating to the securities offered pursuant to a registration statement that is declared effective with information omitted from the form of prospectus filed as part of such effective registration statement in reliance upon this Rule 430A need not contain information omitted pursuant to paragraph (a), in order to meet the requirements of Section 10 of the Securities Act ( 15 U.S.C. 77j) for the purpose of section 5(b)(1) ( 15 U.S.C. 77e(b)(1)) thereof. This provision shall not limit the information required to be contained in a form of prospectus meeting the requirements of section 10(a) of the Act for the purposes of section 5(b)(2) thereof or exception (a) of Section 2(10) ( 15 U.S.C. 77b(10)) thereof.
(d) This rule shall not apply to registration statements for securities to be offered by competitive bidding.
(e) In the case of a registration statement filed on Form N-1A ( § 239.15A and § 274.11A of this chapter), Form N-2 ( § 239.14 and § 274.11a-1 of this chapter), Form N-3 ( § 239.17a and § 274.11b of this chapter), Form N-4 ( § 239.17b and § 274.11c of this chapter), or Form N-6 ( § 239.17c and § 274.11d of this chapter), the references to “form of prospectus” in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section and the accompanying Note shall be deemed also to refer to the form of Statement of Additional Information filed as part of such a registration statement.
(f) This section may apply to registration statements that are immediately effective pursuant to Rule 462(e) and (f) ( § 230.462(e) and (f)).
If information is omitted in reliance upon paragraph (a) from the form of prospectus filed as part of an effective registration statement, or effective post-effective amendment thereto, the registrant must ascertain promptly whether a form of prospectus transmitted for filing under Rule 424(b) of Rule 497(h) under the Securities Act actually was received for filing by the Commission and, in the event that it was not, promptly file such prospectus.
Title 17 published on 09-May-2017 03:50
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 17 CFR Part 230 after this date.
- 17 CFR 239.33 — Form F-3, for Registration Under the Securities Act of 1933 of Securities of Certain Foreign Private Issuers Offered Pursuant to Certain Types of Transactions.
- 17 CFR 239.13 — Form S-3, for Registration Under the Securities Act of 1933 of Securities of Certain Issuers Offered Pursuant to Certain Types of Transactions.
- 17 CFR 230.481 — Information Required in Prospectuses.
- 17 CFR 230.482 — Advertising by an Investment Company as Satisfying Requirements of Section 10.
- 17 CFR 229.503 — (Item 503) Prospectus Summary, Risk Factors, and Ratio of Earnings to Fixed Charges.
- 17 CFR 230.462 — Immediate Effectiveness of Certain Registration Statements and Post-Effective Amendments.
- 17 CFR 230.405 — Definitions of Terms.
- 17 CFR 230.423 — Date of Prospectuses.
- 17 CFR 230.430C — Prospectus in a Registration Statement Pertaining to an Offering Other Than Pursuant to Rule 430A or Rule 430B After the Effective Date.