17 CFR 23.609 - Clearing member risk management.
(a) With respect to clearing activities in futures, security futures products, swaps, agreements, contracts, or transactions described in section 2(c)(2)(C)(i) or section 2(c)(2)(D)(i) of the Act, commodity options authorized under section 4c of the Act, or leveraged transactions authorized under section 19 of the Act, each swap dealer or major swap participant that is a clearing member of a derivatives clearing organization shall:
(1) Establish risk-based limits based on position size, order size, margin requirements, or similar factors;
(2) Screen orders for compliance with the risk-based limits in accordance with the following:
(3) Monitor for adherence to the risk-based limits intra-day and overnight;
(4) Conduct stress tests under extreme but plausible conditions of all positions at least once per week;
(5) Evaluate its ability to meet initial margin requirements at least once per week;
(6) Evaluate its ability to meet variation margin requirements in cash at least once per week;
(7) Evaluate its ability to liquidate the positions it clears in an orderly manner, and estimate the cost of the liquidation; and
(8) Test all lines of credit at least once per year.
(1) Establish written procedures to comply with this regulation; and
(2) Keep full, complete, and systematic records documenting its compliance with this regulation.
(3) All records required to be maintained pursuant to these regulations shall be maintained in accordance with Commission Regulation § 1.31 and shall be made available promptly upon request to representatives of the Commission and to representatives of applicable prudential regulators.
Title 17 published on 09-May-2017 03:50
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 17 CFR Part 23 after this date.