17 CFR 39.20 - Recordkeeping.
(a) Requirement to maintain information. Each derivatives clearing organization shall maintain records of all activities related to its business as a derivatives clearing organization. Such records shall include, but are not limited to, records of:
(1) All cleared transactions, including swaps;
(2) All information necessary to record allocation of bunched orders for cleared swaps;
(3) All information required to be created, generated, or reported under this part 39, including but not limited to the results of and methodology used for all tests, reviews, and calculations in connection with setting and evaluating margin levels, determining the value and adequacy of financial resources, and establishing settlement prices;
(4) All rules and procedures required to be submitted pursuant to this part 39 and part 40 of this chapter, including all proposed changes in rules, procedures or operations subject to § 40.10 of this chapter; and
(5) Any data or documentation required by the Commission or by the derivatives clearing organization to be submitted to the derivatives clearing organization by its clearing members, or by any other person in connection with the derivatives clearing organization's clearing and settlement activities.
(b) Form and manner of maintaining information -
(1) General. The records required to be maintained by this chapter shall be maintained in accordance with the provisions of § 1.31 of this chapter, for a period of not less than 5 years, except as provided in paragraph (b)(2) of this section.
(2) Exception for swap data. Each derivatives clearing organization that clears swaps must maintain swap data in accordance with the requirements of part 45 of this chapter.