21 CFR 172.626 - Salts of carrageenan.
(a) The food additive consists of carrageenan, meeting the provisions of § 172.620, modified by increasing the concentration of one of the naturally occurring salts (ammonium, calcium, potassium, or sodium) of carrageenan to the level that it is the dominant salt in the additive.
(c) To assure safe use of the additive, the label and labeling of the additive shall bear the name of the salt of carrageenan that dominates the mixture by reason of the modification, e.g., “sodium carrageenan”, “potassium carrageenan”, etc.
- 9 CFR 424.21 — Use of Food Ingredients and Sources of Radiation.
- 21 CFR 176.170 — Components of Paper and Paperboard in Contact With Aqueous and Fatty Foods.
- 21 CFR 139.121 — Nonfat Milk Macaroni Products.
- 21 CFR 172.623 — Carrageenan With Polysorbate 80.
- 21 CFR 139.122 — Enriched Nonfat Milk Macaroni Products.