21 CFR 172.725 - Gibberellic acid and its potassium salt.
(a) The additives meet the following specifications:
(1) The gibberellic acid is produced by deep-culture fermentation of a suitable nutrient medium by a strain of Fusarium moniliforme or a selection of this culture.
(2) The gibberellic acid produced is of 80 percent purity or better.
(3) The empirical formula of gibberellic acid is represented by C19H22O6.
(4) Potassium gibberellate is the potassium salt of the specified gibberellic acid.
(5) The potassium gibberellate is of 80 percent purity or better.
(b) They are used or intended for use in the malting of barley under conditions whereby the amount of either or both additives present in the malt is not in excess of 2 parts per million expressed as gibberellic acid, and the treated malt is to be used in the production of fermented malt beverages or distilled spirits only, whereby the finished distilled spirits contain none and the finished malt beverage contains not more than 0.5 part per million of gibberellic acid.
(1) The name of the additive, “gibberellic acid” or “potassium gibberellate”, whichever is appropriate.
(2) An accurate statement of the concentration of the additive contained in the package.
(3) Adequate use directions to provide not more than 2 parts per million of gibberellic acid in the finished malt.
(4) Adequate labeling directions to provide that the final malt is properly labeled as described in paragraph (d) of this section.
(1) “Contains not more than 2 parts per million ___”, the blank being filled in with the words “gibberellic acid” or “potassium gibberellate”, whichever is appropriate; and
Title 21 published on 09-Jun-2018 03:51
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 21 CFR Part 172 after this date.