25 CFR Subpart C - Obtaining a Right-of-Way
Application (§§ 169.101 - 169.105)
- § 169.101 How do I obtain a right-of-way across tribal or individually owned Indian land or BIA land?
- § 169.102 What must an application for a right-of-way include?
- § 169.103 What bonds, insurance, or other security must accompany the application?
- § 169.104 What is the release process for a bond or alternative form of security?
- § 169.105 What requirements for due diligence must a right-of-way grant include?
Consent Requirements (§§ 169.106 - 169.109)
- § 169.106 How does an applicant identify and contact individual Indian landowners to negotiate a right-of-way?
- § 169.107 Must I obtain tribal or individual Indian landowner consent for a right-of-way across Indian land?
- § 169.108 Who is authorized to consent to a right-of-way?
- § 169.109 Whose consent do I need for a right-of-way when there is a life estate on the tract?
Compensation Requirements (§§ 169.110 - 169.122)
- § 169.110 How much monetary compensation must be paid for a right-of-way over or across tribal land?
- § 169.111 Must a right-of-way grant for tribal land provide for compensation reviews or adjustments?
- § 169.112 How much monetary compensation must be paid for a right-of-way over or across individually owned Indian land?
- § 169.113 Must a right-of-way grant for individually owned Indian land provide for compensation reviews or adjustments?
- § 169.114 How will BIA determine fair market value for a right-of-way?
- § 169.115 When are monetary compensation payments due under a right-of-way?
- § 169.116 Must a right-of-way specify who receives monetary compensation payments?
- § 169.117 What form of monetary compensation is acceptable under a right-of-way?
- § 169.118 May the right-of-way provide for non-monetary or varying types of compensation?
- § 169.119 Will BIA notify a grantee when a payment is due for a right-of-way?
- § 169.120 What other types of payments are required for a right-of-way?
- § 169.121 How will compensation be distributed among the life tenants and owners of the remainder interests?
- § 169.122 Who does the grantee pay if there is a life estate on the tract?
Grants of Rights-of-Way (§§ 169.123 - 169.130)
- § 169.123 What is the process for BIA to grant a right-of-way?
- § 169.124 How will BIA determine whether to grant a right-of-way?
- § 169.125 What will the grant of right-of-way contain?
- § 169.126 May a right-of-way contain a preference consistent with tribal law for employment of tribal members?
- § 169.127 Is a new right-of-way grant required for a new use within or overlapping an existing right-of-way?
- § 169.128 When will BIA grant a right-of-way for a new use within or overlapping an existing right-of-way?
- § 169.129 What is required if the location described in the original application and grant differs from the construction location?
- § 169.130 Must a right-of-way grant address ownership of permanent improvements?