30 CFR 912.773 - Requirements for permits and permit processing.
(a) Part 773 of this chapter, Requirements for Permits and Permit Processing, shall apply to any person who applies for a permit for surface coal mining and reclamation operations.
(b) In addition to the requirements of part 773, the following permit application review procedures shall apply:
(1) Any person applying for a permit shall submit five copies of the application to the Office.
(2) The Office shall review an application for administrative completeness and acceptability for further review and shall notify the applicant in writing of the findings. The Office may:
(i) Reject a flagrantly deficient application, notifying the applicant of the findings:
(ii) Request additional information required for completeness stating specifically what information must be supplied and negotiate the date by which the information must be submitted; or
(iii) Judge the application administratively complete and acceptable for further review.
(3) Should the applicant not submit the information as required by § 912.773(b)(2)(ii) by the specified date, the office may reject the application. When the applicant submits the required information by the specified date, the Office shall review it and advise the applicant concerning its acceptability.
(4) When the application is judged administratively complete, the applicant shall be advised by the Office to file the public notice required by § 773.6 of this chapter.
(5) A representative of the Office shall visit the proposed permit area to determine whether the operation and reclamation plans are consistent with actual site conditions. The applicant will be notified in advance of the time of the visit. At the time of the visit, the applicant shall have the locations of the proposed permit boundaries, topsoil storage areas, sediment control structures, roads, and other significant features contained in the application marked by flags.
(c) In addition to the information required by subchapter G of this chapter, the Office may require an applicant to submit supplementary information to ensure compliance with applicable Federal laws and regulations other than the Act.
(d) Where applicable, no person shall conduct surface coal exploration operations which result in the removal of more than 250 tons in one location, or surface coal mining operations without permits issued and/or certificates required by the State of Idaho, pursuant to Idaho Code sections 47-704, 47-1317, 47-1318, 47-1319, 47-1317 (Supp.), and 39-101 et seq. (Supp.).