34 CFR 222.94 - What provisions must be included in a local educational agency's Indian policies and procedures?
(a) An LEA's Indian policies and procedures (IPPs) must include a description of the specific procedures for how the LEA will -
(1) Give the tribal officials and parents of Indian children an opportunity to comment on whether Indian children participate on an equal basis with non-Indian children in the education programs and activities provided by the LEA;
(2) Assess the extent to which Indian children participate on an equal basis with non-Indian children served by the LEA;
(3) Modify, if necessary, its education program to ensure that Indian children participate on an equal basis with non-Indian children served by the LEA;
(4) Disseminate relevant applications, evaluations, program plans and information related to the education programs of the LEA in sufficient time to allow the tribes and parents of Indian children an opportunity to review the materials and make recommendations on the needs of the Indian children and how the LEA may help those children realize the benefits of the LEA's education programs and activities;
(5) Gather information concerning Indian views, including those regarding the frequency, location, and time of meetings;
(6) Notify the Indian parents and tribes of the locations and times of meetings;
(7) Consult and involve tribal officials and parents of Indian children in the planning and development of the LEA's education programs and activities; and
(8) Modify the IPPs if necessary, based upon the results of any assessment described in paragraph (b) of this section.
(b) Tribes and parents of Indian children may assess the effectiveness of their input regarding the participation of Indian children in the LEA's education programs and activities and the development and implementation of the IPPs, and share the results of that assessment with the LEA.
Title 34 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 34 CFR Part 222 after this date.