40 CFR 1506.3 - Adoption.
(a) An agency may adopt a Federal draft or final environmental impact statement or portion thereof provided that the statement or portion thereof meets the standards for an adequate statement under these regulations.
(b) If the actions covered by the original environmental impact statement and the proposed action are substantially the same, the agency adopting another agency's statement is not required to recirculate it except as a final statement. Otherwise the adopting agency shall treat the statement as a draft and recirculate it (except as provided in paragraph (c) of this section).
(c) A cooperating agency may adopt without recirculating the environmental impact statement of a lead agency when, after an independent review of the statement, the cooperating agency concludes that its comments and suggestions have been satisfied.
(d) When an agency adopts a statement which is not final within the agency that prepared it, or when the action it assesses is the subject of a referral under part 1504, or when the statement's adequacy is the subject of a judicial action which is not final, the agency shall so specify.
- 7 CFR 1970.15 — Interagency Cooperation.
- 7 CFR 3407.3 — Policy.
- 7 CFR 520.3 — Policy.
- 7 CFR 2201.16 — Environmental Requirements.
- 10 CFR 1021.200 — DOE Planning.
- 13 CFR 500.206 — Environmental Requirements.
- 13 CFR 400.206 — Environmental Requirements.
- 24 CFR 58.52 — Adoption of Other Agencies' EISs.
- 32 CFR 651.12 — Determining Appropriate Level of NEPA Analysis.
- 32 CFR 651.46 — Existing EISs.
- 33 CFR 230.21 — Adoption.
- 40 CFR 6.200 — General Requirements.