40 CFR 86.007-23 - Required data.
Section 86.007-23 includes text that specifies requirements that differ from § 86.098-23 or § 86.001-23. Where a paragraph in § 86.098-23 or § 86.001-23 is identical and applicable to § 86.007-23, this may be indicated by specifying the corresponding paragraph and the statement “[Reserved]. For guidance see § 86.098-23.” or “[Reserved]. For guidance see § 86.001-23.”.
(a)-(b)(1) [Reserved]. For guidance see § 86.098-23.
(3) and (b)(4) [Reserved]. For guidance see § 86.098-23.
(c) Emission data from certification vehicles and engines. The manufacturer shall submit emission data for each applicable emission standard from vehicles and engines tested in accordance with applicable test procedures and in such numbers as specified. These data shall include zero-mile or zero-hour data, if generated, and emission data generated for certification as required under § 86.004-26. However, manufacturers may provide a statement in the application for certification that vehicles and engines comply with the following standards instead of submitting test data, provided that the statement is supported by previous emission tests, development tests, or other appropriate information, and good engineering judgment:
(1) Idle CO, smoke, or particulate matter emissions from methanol-fueled or gaseous-fueled diesel-cycle certification engines.
(2) Particulate matter emissions from Otto-cycle certification engines or gaseous-fueled certification engines.
(3) CO emissions from diesel-cycle certification engines.
(4) Formaldehyde emissions from petroleum-fueled engines.
(5) Particulate matter and formaldehyde emissions when conducting Selective Enforcement Audit testing of Otto-cycle engines.
(6) Smoke from methanol-fueled or petroleum-fueled diesel-cycle certification engines.
(7) Smoke when conducting Selective Enforcement Audit testing of diesel-cycle engines.
(8) Evaporative emissions from vehicles fueled by natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas, or hydrogen.
(d)-(e)(1) [Reserved]. For guidance see § 86.098-23.
(2) and (e)(3) [Reserved]. For guidance see § 86.001-23.
(h)-(k) [Reserved]. For guidance see § 86.098-23.
(m) [Reserved]. For guidance see § 86.098-23.
Title 40 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 40 CFR Part 86 after this date.