45 CFR 307.5 - Mandatory computerized support enforcement systems.
(1) By October 1, 1997, each State must have in effect an operational computerized support enforcement system, which meets Federal requirements under § 302.85(a)(1) of this chapter, OCSE will review each system to certify that these requirements are met; and
(2) By October 1, 2000, each State must have in effect an operational computerized support enforcement system, which meets Federal requirements under § 302.85(a)(2) of this chapter. OCSE will review each system to certify that these requirements are met.
(b)Waiver option. A State may apply for a waiver of any functional requirement in § 307.10, or § 307.11 by presenting a plan for an alternative system configuration, or a waiver of any conditions for APD approval in § 307.15(b) by presenting an alternative approach. Waiver requests must be submitted and approved as part of the State's APD or APD update.
(1) The State demonstrates that it has an alternative approach to the APD requirements or an alternative system configuration that enables the State, in accordance with part 305 of this chapter, to be in substantial compliance with the other requirements of this chapter; and either:
(2) The waiver request meets the criteria set forth in section 1115(c) (1), (2) and (3) of the Act; or
(d)APD submittal requirements for alternative system configuration. APDs submitted by States which include requests for waiver for an alternative system configuration must, in addition to meeting conditions of § 307.15(b):
(3) Provide documentation that the alternative system configuration will enable the State to be in substantial compliance with title IV-D of the Act in accordance with section 403(h) of the Act and implementing regulations. In addition, if the State is subject to a Notice under § 305.99 of this part that it did not substantially comply with one or more of the requirements of title IV-D of the Act, at the time a waiver request is submitted, the State must:
(i) Demonstrate that the deficiency is not related to or caused by the performance of the system; or
(ii) Specify the corrective action taken to modify the system if the system contributed to the deficiency.
(e)APD submittal requirements for alternative approach. APDs submitted by States which include requests for waiver of conditions for APD approval in § 307.15(b) must demonstrate why meeting the conditions is unnecessary or inappropriate.
(f)Review of waiver requests.
(1) The Office will review waiver requests to assure that all necessary information is provided, that all processes provide for effective and efficient program operation, and that the conditions for waiver in paragraph (d) of this section are met.
(3) When a waiver is disapproved, the APD will be disapproved. The APD disapproval is a final administrative decision and is not subject to administrative appeal.
(1) The provisions of §§ 307.30 and 307.35 apply to requests for FFP for costs of computerized support enforcement systems.
(2) FFP for alternative system configurations is further limited as follows:
(i) FFP is available at the enhanced matching rate for development of the base system and for hardware, operational system software, and electronic linkages with the separate components of an alternative system configuration.
(ii) FFP is available at the applicable matching rate for minor alterations to the separate automated or manual processes that are part of an alternative system configuration and for operating costs including hardware, operational software and applications software of a computerized support enforcement system.
(iii) FFP is not available for developing new systems or making major changes and enhancements to separate automated or manual processes so that alternative system configurations meet conditions for waiver.
Title 45 published on 03-Jun-2017 03:14
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 45 CFR Part 307 after this date.
- 45 CFR 307.15 — Approval of Advance Planning Documents for Computerized Support Enforcement Systems.
- 45 CFR 302.85 — Mandatory Computerized Support Enforcement System.
- 45 CFR 307.1 — Definitions.
- 45 CFR 307.35 — Federal Financial Participation at the Applicable Matching Rate for Computerized Support Enforcement Systems.
- 45 CFR 307.30 — Federal Financial Participation at the 90 Percent Rate for Statewide Computerized Support Enforcement Systems.