49 CFR 107.705 - Registrations, reports, and applications for approval.
(1) File the registration, report, or application with the Associate Administrator for Hazardous Materials Safety (Attention: Approvals, PHH-32), Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, U.S. Department of Transportation, East Building, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington, DC 20590-0001. Alternatively, the document with any attached supporting documentation in an appropriate format may be filed by facsimile (fax) to: (202) 366-3753 or (202) 366-3308 or by electronic mail (e-mail) to: email@example.com.
(4) Provide the name, street and mailing addresses, e-mail address optional, and telephone number of the person on whose behalf the registration, report, or application is made and, if different, the person making the filing;
(7) Provide additional information as requested by the Associate Administrator, if the Associate Administrator determines that a filing lacks pertinent information or otherwise does not comply with applicable requirements.
(b)Description of approval proposal. In addition to the provisions in paragraph (a) for an approval, an application for an approval, or an application for modification or renewal of an approval, the applicant must include the following information that is relevant to the approval application -
(1) A description of the activity for which the approval is required;
(2) The proposed duration of the approval;
(3) The transport mode or modes affected, as applicable;
(4) Any additional information specified in the section containing the approval; and
(5) For an approval which provides exceptions from regulatory requirements or prohibitions -
(i) Identification of any increased risk to safety or property that may result if the approval is granted, and specification of the measures that the applicant considers necessary or appropriate to address that risk; and
(ii) Substantiation, with applicable analyses or evaluations, if appropriate, demonstrating that the proposed activity will achieve a level of safety that is at least equal to that required by the regulation.
(c) For an approval with an expiration date, each application for renewal or modification must be filed in the same manner as an original application. If, at least 60 days before an existing approval expires the holder files an application for renewal that is complete and conforms to the requirements of this section, the approval will not expire until final administrative action on the application for renewal has been taken. Operation under an expired approval not filed within 60 days of the expiration date is prohibited. This paragraph does not limit the authority of the Associate Administrator to modify, suspend or terminate an approval under § 107.713.
Title 49 published on 09-May-2017 04:41
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 49 CFR Part 107 after this date.