9 CFR 314.3 - Disposition of condemned products at official establishments having no tanking facilities.
(a) Carcasses, parts of carcasses, and other products condemned at an official establishment which has no facilities for tanking shall, except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section or elsewhere in this part, be destroyed in the presence of an inspector by incineration, or denatured with crude carbolic acid, or cresylic disinfectant, or a formula consisting of one part FD&C No. 3 green coloring, 40 parts water, 40 parts liquid detergent, and 40 parts oil of citronella or any other proprietary material approved by the Administrator in specific cases. When such product is to be denatured, it shall be freely slashed before the denaturing agent is applied, except that, in the case of dead animals that have not been dressed, the denaturant may be applied by injection. The denaturant must be deposited in all portions of the carcass or product to the extent necessary to preclude its use for food purposes.
(b) All carcasses and parts condemned on account of anthrax, as identified in § 310.9(b) of this subchapter, at official establishments which are not equipped with tanking facilities shall be disposed of by (1) complete incineration, or (2) by thorough denaturing with crude carbolic acid, or cresylic disinfectant, and then disposed of in accordance with the requirements of the particular State or municipal authorities, who shall be notified immediately by the area supervisor.
- 9 CFR 314.10 — Livers Condemned Because of Parasitic Infestation and for Other Causes; Conditions for Disposal for Purposes Other Than Human Food.
- 9 CFR 325.11 — Inedible Articles: Denaturing and Other Means of Identification; Exceptions.
- 9 CFR 309.16 — Livestock Suspected of Having Biological Residues.
- 9 CFR 301.2 — Definitions.
- 9 CFR 310.22 — Specified Risk Materials From Cattle and Their Handling and Disposition.
- 9 CFR 325.8 — Transportation and Other Transactions Concerning Certain Undenatured Lungs or Lung Lobes From Official Establishments or in Commerce; Provisions and Restrictions.
- 9 CFR 310.16 — Disposition of Lungs.
- 9 CFR 310.15 — Disposition of Thyroid Glands and Laryngeal Muscle Tissue.
- 9 CFR 315.3 — Disposal of Products Passed for Cooking if Not Handled According to This Part.
- 9 CFR 310.18 — Contamination of Carcasses, Organs, or Other Parts.