This chapter may be cited as the “Individuals with Disabilities Education Act”.
20 U.S. Code § 1400 - Short title; findings; purposes
The Education for All Handicapped Children Act of 1975, referred to in subsec. (c)(2), (3), is Pub. L. 94–142, Nov. 29, 1975, 89 Stat. 773. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title of 1975 Amendment note set out below and Tables.
The Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, referred to in subsec. (c)(5)(C), is Pub. L. 89–10, Apr. 11, 1965, 79 Stat. 27, which is classified generally to chapter 70 (§ 6301 et seq.) of this title. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title note set out under section 6301 of this title and Tables.
A prior section 1400, Pub. L. 91–230, title VI, § 601, as added Pub. L. 105–17, title I, § 101, June 4, 1997, 111 Stat. 37, contained short title for this chapter and related to congressional findings and purposes, prior to the general amendment of subchapters I to IV of this chapter by Pub. L. 108–446.
Another prior section 1400, Pub. L. 91–230, title VI, § 601, Apr. 13, 1970, 84 Stat. 175; Pub. L. 94–142, § 3, Nov. 29, 1975, 89 Stat. 774; Pub. L. 101–476, title IX, § 901(a)(1), (b)(1)–(9), Oct. 30, 1990, 104 Stat. 1141, 1142; Pub. L. 102–119, § 25(b), Oct. 7, 1991, 105 Stat. 607, contained short title for this chapter and related to congressional statements and declarations, prior to the general amendment of subchapters I to IV of this chapter by Pub. L. 105–17. This section had been classified as a note under former section 1401 of this title prior to being amended by Pub. L. 94–142.
2010—Subsec. (c)(12)(C). Pub. L. 111–256 substituted “having intellectual disabilities” for “having mental retardation”.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- Ariz. Admin. Code R7-2-401 - R7-2-401 - Special Education Standards for Public Agencies Providing Educational Services
- Ariz. Admin. Code R7-2-405.01 - R7-2-405.01 - Special Education Dispute Resolution; State Administrative Complaints
- Ariz. Admin. Code R7-2-622 - R7-2-622 - Qualification Requirements of Professional, Non-Teaching School Personnel
- Ark. Admin. Rules 005-007 - CHAPTER 007 - STANDARDS FOR ACCREDITATION OF ARKANSAS PUBLIC SCHOOLS AND SCHOOL DISTRICTS
- Ark. Admin. Rules 005-033-8.0 - Section 8.0 - End-of-Course and Alternative Assessment Pass Requirements.
- Ark. Admin. Rules 005-038 - CHAPTER 038 - RULES GOVERNING THE ARKANSAS EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT AND ACCOUNTABILITY ACT (AESAA)
- 5 CCR Sec. 3088.1 - § 3088.1 - Sanctions: Withholding Funds to Enforce Special Education Compliance.
- 1 CCR 301-8 - 1 CCR 301-8 - RULES FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE EXCEPTIONAL CHILDREN'S EDUCATIONAL ACT
- 10 CCR 2505-10 8.500 - 10 CCR 2505-10 8.500 - MEDICAL ASSISTANCE - SECTION 8.500 HCB-DD, CES, Oxygen, DME
- Conn. Agencies Regs. § 10-76h-7 - 10-76h-7 - Appointment of hearing officer. Scheduling of prehearing conference and hearing dates
- 14 Del. Admin. Code § 210 - 210 - District School Board Member Special Education Due Process Hearing Training
- IL Admin. Code 23.24.130 - Section 24.130 - The Illinois Professional Teaching Standards Beginning July 1, 2013
- IL Admin. Code 23.25.APPENDIX D - Section 25.APPENDIX D - Criteria for Identification of Teachers as "Highly Qualified" in Various Circumstances
- IL Admin. Code 23.28.200 - Section 28.200 - Standards for the Learning Behavior Specialist I (LBS I)
- IL Admin. Code 86.1000.600 - Section 1000.600 - Scholarship Granting Organizations: Issuance of Scholarships
- IL Admin. Code 89.827.80 - Section 827.80 - Suspensions, Changes in Placements, and Discharges of Students who are Dangerous to Themselves or Others
- 511 Ind. Admin. Code 7-34-1 - 511 IAC 7-34-1 - Special education and related services for parentally-placed students in nonpublic schools
- 511 Ind. Admin. Code 7-40-2 - 511 IAC 7-40-2 - Comprehensive and coordinated early intervening services
- 511 Ind. Admin. Code 7-42-6 - 511 IAC 7-42-6 - Developing an individualized education program; components and parent copy
- 511 Ind. Admin. Code 7-43-2 - 511 IAC 7-43-2 - Transition from early intervention services (Part C) to early childhood special education (Part B)
- 05 071 Me. Code R. Ch. 101 - Ch. 101 - Maine Unified Special Education Regulation Birth to Age Twenty
- COMAR 31.10.39.03 - 31.10.39.03 - Utilization Review Criteria for Treatment of Autism and Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Nev. Admin. Code § 388.171 - 388.171 - Employment, preparation and training of qualified personnel to provide services to pupils with disabilities.
- Nev. Admin. Code § 388.195 - 388.195 - Transfer of rights to pupil who attains age of majority; notice to parent and pupil.
- Nev. Admin. Code § 388.219 - 388.219 - Provision of services to pupils with disabilities who are homeschooled or enrolled by their parents in private schools.
- Nev. Admin. Code § 388A.145 - 388A.145 - Application to form charter school: Inclusion of information regarding educational program.
- N.H. Code Admin. R. Ed 507.19 - Ed 507.19 - Specialist in Assessment of Intellectual Functioning (SAIF)
- N.D. Admin. Code 67-23-01-02 - 67-23-01-02 - School district's comprehensive general plan requirements for education of students with disabilities.
- N.D. Admin. Code 67-23-02-04 - 67-23-02-04 - Costs allowed under school-placed contracts for students with disabilities attending an in-state private school or an out-of-state public or private school.
- N.D. Admin. Code 67-23-02-06 - 67-23-02-06 - Special education boarding care placement and reimbursement.
- N.D. Admin. Code 67-23-03-03 - 67-23-03-03 - Recovery of funds for misclassified children under part B of IDEA.
- N.D. Admin. Code 67-23-06-02 - 67-23-06-02 - Use of response to intervention by local education agencies.
- N.D. Admin. Code 67-23-06-05 - 67-23-06-05 - Eligibility determination for a specific learning disability.
- Ohio Admin. Code 3301-13-09 - 3301-13-09 - Provisions for an excuse from taking any assessment required for graduation for an adult with disabilities or for providing accommodations on any assessment required for graduation for an adult with disabilities, twenty-two or more years of age, and enrolled in adult high school continuation program.
- Ohio Admin. Code 5160-43-04 - 5160-43-04 - Specialized recovery services program covered services and provider requirements.
- TN Rules and Regs. 0520-01-02-.16 - 0520-01-02-.16 - REPORTING ATTENDANCE RELATIVE TO DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS
- Utah Admin. Code R277-472-6 - R277-472-6 - Enrollment of Transferring Charter School Students in District Schools.
- 8 Va. Admin. Code § 20-131-370 - 8VAC20-131-370 - Expectations for school accountability and accreditation.
- 8 Va. Admin. Code § 20-81-140 - 8VAC20-81-140 - Placement of children at the Virginia School for the Deaf and the Blind at Staunton.
- 8 Va. Admin. Code § 20-81-180 - 8VAC20-81-180 - Transfer of rights to students who reach the age of majority.
- 8 Va. Admin. Code § 20-81-230 - 8VAC20-81-230 - Local educational agency administration and governance.
- 8 Va. Admin. Code § 20-81-290 - 8VAC20-81-290 - Appeal of administrative decision regarding funding.
- 8 Va. Admin. Code § 20-81-320 - 8VAC20-81-320 - Additional responsibilities of state boards, agencies, and institutions for education and training of children with disabilities in residence or custody.
- 8 Va. Admin. Code § 20-81-330 - 8VAC20-81-330 - Compliance with § 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.
- Wash. Admin. Code § 392-172A-01035 - 392-172A-01035 - Child with a disability or student eligible for special education.
- Wash. Admin. Code § 392-172A-03080 - 392-172A-03080 - Specific documentation for the eligibility determination of students suspected of having specific learning disabilities.
- Wash. Admin. Code § 392-172A-04050 - 392-172A-04050 - Due process and state complaints regarding parentally placed students in a private school.
- Wash. Admin. Code § 67-25-290 - 67-25-290 - Vocational rehabilitation services—Preemployment transition for students.
- Education, Dept. of, General Agency, Board or Commission Rules, Ch. 44 § 3 - Section 3 - General Provisions.
- Education, Dept. of, General Agency, Board or Commission Rules, Ch. 7 § 3 - Section 3 - Definitions.