42 U.S. Code § 1395w–151 - Definitions; treatment of references to provisions in part C
prev | next
For purposes of this part:
(1) Basic prescription drug coverage
(2) Covered part D drug
(3) Creditable prescription drug coverage
(4) Part D eligible individual
(5) Fallback prescription drug plan
(6) Initial coverage limit
(7) Insurance risk
The term “insurance risk” means, with respect to a participating pharmacy, risk of the type commonly assumed only by insurers licensed by a State and does not include payment variations designed to reflect performance-based measures of activities within the control of the pharmacy, such as formulary compliance and generic drug substitution.
(8) MA plan
(9) MA–PD plan
(10) Medicare Prescription Drug Account
(11) PDP approved bid
(12) PDP region
(13) PDP sponsor
The term “PDP sponsor” means a nongovernmental entity that is certified under this part as meeting the requirements and standards of this part for such a sponsor.
(14) Prescription drug plan
The term “prescription drug plan” means prescription drug coverage that is offered—
(A) under a policy, contract, or plan that has been approved under section 1395w–111 (e) of this title; and
(15) Qualified prescription drug coverage
(16) Standard prescription drug coverage
(17) State Pharmaceutical Assistance Program
(b) Application of part C provisions under this part
For purposes of applying provisions of part C of this subchapter under this part with respect to a prescription drug plan and a PDP sponsor, unless otherwise provided in this part such provisions shall be applied as if—
(2) any reference to an MA organization or a provider-sponsored organization included a reference to a PDP sponsor;
(3) any reference to a contract under section 1395w–27 of this title included a reference to a contract under section 1395w–112 (b) of this title;
 See References in Text note below.
Source(Aug. 14, 1935, ch. 531, title XVIII, § 1860D–41, as added Pub. L. 108–173, title I, § 101(a)(2),Dec. 8, 2003, 117 Stat. 2148.)
References in Text
Section 1395w–101 (a)(3) of this title, referred to in subsec. (a)(4), (8), (9), was in the original “section 1860D–1(a)(4)”, and was translated as meaning section 1860D–1(a)(3) of act Aug. 14, 1935, which is classified to section 1395w–101 (a)(3) of this title, to reflect the probable intent of Congress, because section 1395w–101 (a) of this title does not contain a par. (4) and par. (3) defines terms for purposes of this part.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.