51 U.S. Code § 40302 - Definitions
prev | next
In this chapter:
(1) Aeronautical and space activities.— The term “aeronautical and space activities” has the meaning given the term in section 20103 of this title.
(2) Field related to space.— The term “field related to space” means any academic discipline or field of study (including the physical, natural, and biological sciences, and engineering, space technology, education, economics, sociology, communications, planning, law, international affairs, and public administration) which is concerned with or likely to improve the understanding, assessment, development, and utilization of space.
(3) Panel.— The term “panel” means the space grant review panel established pursuant to section 40308 of this title.
(4) Person.— The term “person” means any individual, any public or private corporation, partnership, or other association or entity (including any space grant college, space grant regional consortium, institution of higher education, institute, or laboratory), or any State, political subdivision of a State, or agency or officer of a State or political subdivision of a State.
(5) Space environment.— The term “space environment” means the environment beyond the sensible atmosphere of the Earth.
(6) Space grant college.— The term “space grant college” means any public or private institution of higher education which is designated as such by the Administrator pursuant to section 40306 of this title.
(7) Space grant program.— The term “space grant program” means any program that—
(A) is administered by any space grant college, space grant regional consortium, institution of higher education, institute, laboratory, or State or local agency; and
(8) Space grant regional consortium.— The term “space grant regional consortium” means any association or other alliance that is designated as a space grant regional consortium by the Administrator pursuant to section 40306 of this title.
(9) Space resource.— The term “space resource” means any tangible or intangible benefit which can be realized only from—
Source(Pub. L. 111–314, § 3,Dec. 18, 2010, 124 Stat. 3383.)
|Revised Section||Source (U.S. Code)||Source (Statutes at Large)|
|42 U.S.C. 2486b.|
|Pub. L. 100–147, title II, § 204, Oct. 30, 1987, 101 Stat. 870.|