17 CFR 200.30-7 - Delegation of authority to Secretary of the Commission.
Pursuant to the provisions of Pub. L. 87-592, 76 Stat. 394 (15 U.S.C. 78d-1), the Securities and Exchange Commission hereby delegates, until the Commission orders otherwise, the following functions to the Secretary of the Commission to be performed by him or under his direction by such person or persons as may be designated from time to time by the Chairman of the Commission:
(a) With respect to proceedings conducted pursuant to the Securities Act of 1933, 15 U.S.C. 77a et seq., the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, 15 U.S.C. 78a et seq., the Trust Indenture Act of 1939, 15 U.S.C. 77aaa et seq., the Investment Company Act of 1940, 15 U.S.C. 80a-1 et seq., the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, 15 U.S.C. 80b-1 et seq., the Securities Investor Protection Act of 1970, 15 U.S.C. 78aaa et seq., the provisions of Rule 102(e) of the Commission's Rules of Practice, Section 201.102(e) of this chapter, and Title I of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, 15 U.S.C. 7211-7219;
(1) To fix the time and place for hearings and oral arguments before the Commission pursuant to Rule 451 of the Commission's Rules of Practice, § 201.451 of this chapter;
(2) In appropriate cases to extend and reallocate the time prescribed in Rule 451(c) of the Commission's Rules of Practice, § 201.451(c) of this chapter;
(3) To postpone or adjourn hearings or otherwise adjust the date for commencement of hearings before the Commission pursuant to Rule 161 of the Commission's Rules of Practice, § 201.161 of this chapter, and to advance such hearings;
(4) To grant or deny extensions of time within which to file papers with the Commission under Rule 161 of the Commission's Rules of Practice, § 201.161 of this chapter, or under part 201, subpart F of the Commission's Rules pertaining to Fair Fund and Disgorgement Plans, §§ 201.1100-201.1106;
(5) To permit the filing of briefs with the Commission exceeding 14,000 words in length, pursuant to Rule 450(c) of the Commission's Rule of Practice, § 201.450(c) of this chapter, and to permit the filing of motions with the Commission in excess of 7,000 words pursuant to Rule 154(c) of the Commission's Rules of Practice, § 201.154(c) of this chapter;
(6) To certify records of proceedings upon which are entered orders the subject of review in courts of appeals pursuant to section 9 of the Securities Act of 1933, 15 U.S.C. 77i, section 25 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, 15 U.S.C. 78y, section 322(a) of the Trust Indenture Act of 1939, 15 U.S.C. 77vvv(a), section 43 of the Investment Company Act of 1940, 15 U.S.C. 80a-42, section 213 of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, 15 U.S.C. 80b-13, and Title I of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, 15 U.S.C. 7211-7219;
(7) Except where the Commission otherwise directs, to issue findings and orders pursuant to offers of settlement which the Commission has determined should be accepted;
(8) To issue findings and orders taking the remedial action described in the order for proceedings where a respondent expressly consents to such action, fails to appear, or defaults in the filing of an answer required to be filed and to grant a request, based upon a showing of good cause, to vacate an order or default, so as to permit presentation of a defense;
(9) To designate officers of the Commission to serve notices of and orders for proceedings and decisions and orders in such proceedings, the service of which is required by Rules 141 and 150 of the Commission's Rules of Practice, §§ 201.141 and 201.150 of this chapter;
(10) To set the date for sanctions to take effect if an initial decision is not appealed and becomes final pursuant to Rule 360(d) or if an initial decision is affirmed pursuant to Rule 411;
(11) To publish pursuant to Rule 1103 of the Commission's Rules of Practice (§ 201.1103 of this chapter) notice for fair fund and disgorgement plans, and if no negative comments are received, to issue orders approving proposed fair fund plans and disgorgement plans pursuant to Rule 1104 of the Commission's Rules of Practice (§ 201.1104 of this chapter). As part of this plan approval, the requirement set forth in Rule 1105(c) (§ 201.1105(c) of this chapter) may be waived if the fair or disgorgement funds are held at the U.S. Department of the Treasury and will be disbursed by Treasury. Upon the motion of the staff for good cause shown, to approve the publication of proposed fair fund plans and disgorgement plans that omit plan elements required by Rule 1101 of the Commission's Rules of Practice (§ 201.1101 of this chapter).
(12) To issue orders instituting previously authorized administrative proceedings pursuant to sections 15(b)(4) or (6), 15B, 15C, or 17A of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (15 U.S.C. 78o(b)(4) or (6), 78o-4, 78o-5, or 78q-1), and section 203(e) or (f) of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 (15 U.S.C. 80b-3(e) or (f)), based on the entry of an injunction or a criminal conviction, and to issue findings and orders in such cases where a respondent consents to a bar from association.
(b) To order the making of private investigations pursuant to section 21(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, on request of the Division of Corporation Finance or the Division of Enforcement, with respect to proxy contests subject to section 14 of that Act and regulation 14A thereunder, and tender offers filed pursuant to section 14(d) of the Act.
(c) To authenticate all Commission documents produced for administrative or judicial proceedings.
(d) Notwithstanding anything in the foregoing, in any case in which the Secretary of the Commission believes it appropriate he or she may submit the matter to the Commission.
Title 17 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 17 CFR Part 200 after this date.