17 CFR 3.55 - Suspension and revocation of registration pursuant to section 8a(2) of the Act.
(2) An Administrative Law Judge shall make a determination, based upon written evidence, as to whether the registrant is subject to such statutory disqualification; and
(3) If the registrant is found to be subject to a statutory disqualification, the registration of the registrant may be suspended and the registrant ordered to show cause why such registration should not be revoked.
(b)Written submission. If the registrant wishes to challenge the accuracy of the allegations set forth in the notice, the registrant may submit written evidence limited to the type described in § 3.60(b)(1) of this part. Such written submission must be served upon the Division of Enforcement and filed with the Proceedings Clerk within twenty days of the date of service of notice to the registrant.
(d)Determination by Administrative Law Judge. A determination by the Administrative Law Judge as to whether the registrant is subject to a statutory disqualification must be based upon the evidence of the statutory disqualification, notice with proof of service, the written submission, if any, filed by the registrant in response thereto, any written reply submitted by the Division of Enforcement and such other papers as the Administrative Law Judge may require or permit.
(e)Suspension and order to show cause.
(1) If the registrant is found to be subject to a statutory disqualification, the Administrative Law Judge, within thirty days after receipt of the registrant's written submission, if any, and any reply thereto, shall issue an interim order suspending the registration of the registrant and requiring the registrant to show cause within twenty days of the date of the order why, notwithstanding the existence of the statutory disqualification, the registration of the registrant should not be revoked. The registration of the registrant shall be suspended, effective five days after the order to show cause is served upon the registrant in accordance with § 3.50(a), until a final order with respect to the order to show cause has been issued: Provided, That if the sole basis upon which the registrant is subject to statutory disqualification is the existence of a temporary order, judgment or decree of the type described in section 8a(2)(C) of the Act, the order to show cause shall not be issued and the registrant shall be suspended until such time as the temporary order, judgment or decree shall have expired: Provided, however, That in no event shall the registrant be suspended for a period to exceed six months.
(2) If the registrant is found not to be subject to a statutory disqualification, the Administrative Law Judge shall issue an order to that effect and the Proceedings Clerk shall promptly serve a copy of such order on the registrant, the Division of Swap Dealer and Intermediary Oversight and the Division of Enforcement. Such order shall be effective as a final order of the Commission fifteen days after the date it is served upon the registrant in accordance with the provisions of § 3.50(a) of this part unless a timely application for review is filed in accordance with § 10.102 of this chapter. The appellate procedures set forth in §§ 10.102, 10.103, 10.104, 10.106, 10.107 and 10.109 of this chapter shall apply to any appeal brought under paragraph (e)(2) of this section.
(f)Further proceedings. If an order to show cause is issued pursuant to paragraph (e)(1) of this section, further proceedings on such order shall be conducted in accordance with the provisions of § 3.60(b)-(j) of this part.
Title 17 published on 2015-12-04
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 17 CFR Part 3 after this date.
- 17 CFR 3.61 — Extensions of Time for Proceedings Brought Under § 3.55, § 3.56, and § 3.60 of This Part.
- 17 CFR 3.12 — Registration of Associated Persons of Futures Commission Merchants, Retail Foreign Exchange Dealers, Introducing Brokers, Commodity Trading Advisors, Commodity Pool Operators and Leverage Transaction Merchants.
- 17 CFR 3.56 — Suspension or Modification of Registration Pursuant to Section 8a(11) of the Act.
- 17 CFR 1.10 — Financial Reports of Futures Commission Merchants and Introducing Brokers.