42 CFR § 435.912 - Timely determination of eligibility.
(a) For purposes of this section—
(2) “Performance standards” are overall standards for determining eligibility in an efficient and timely manner across a pool of applicants, and include standards for accuracy and consumer satisfaction, but do not include standards for an individual applicant's determination of eligibility.
(3) Determining eligibility for Medicaid for individuals whose accounts are transferred from other insurance affordability programs, including at initial application as well as at a regularly-scheduled renewal or due to a change in circumstances.
(1) The timeliness and performance standards adopted by the agency under paragraph (b) of this section must cover the period from the date of application or transfer from another insurance affordability program to the date the agency notifies the applicant of its decision or the date the agency transfers the individual to another insurance affordability program in accordance with § 435.1200(e) of this part, and must comply with the requirements of paragraph (c)(2) of this section, subject to additional guidance issued by the Secretary to promote accountability and consistency of high quality consumer experience among States and between insurance affordability programs.
(2) Timeliness and performance standards included in the State plan must account for—
(i) The capabilities and cost of generally available systems and technologies;
(ii) The general availability of electronic data matching and ease of connections to electronic sources of authoritative information to determine and verify eligibility;
(iii) The demonstrated performance and timeliness experience of State Medicaid, CHIP and other insurance affordability programs, as reflected in data reported to the Secretary or otherwise available; and
(iv) The needs of applicants, including applicant preferences for mode of application (such as through an internet Web site, telephone, mail, in-person, or other commonly available electronic means), as well as the relative complexity of adjudicating the eligibility determination based on household, income or other relevant information.
(ii) Forty-five days for all other applicants.
(2) When there is an administrative or other emergency beyond the agency's control.
(g) The agency must not use the time standards—
(1) As a waiting period before determining eligibility; or
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- TN Rules and Regs. 1200-13-19-.08 - 1200-13-19-.08 - FILING AND SERVICE OF PLEADINGS AND OTHER MATERIALS
- TN Rules and Regs. 1200-13-19-.09 - 1200-13-19-.09 - TELEPHONIC AND ALTERNATE ELECTRONIC METHODS FOR CONDUCTING PREHEARING CONFERENCES AND HEARINGS
- TN Rules and Regs. 1200-13-19-.25 - 1200-13-19-.25 - CODE OF JUDICIAL CONDUCT, DISQUALIFICATION AND SEPARATION OF FUNCTIONS