42 CFR 435.907 - Application.
(a)Basis and implementation. In accordance with section 1413(b)(1)(A) of the Affordable Care Act, the agency must accept an application from the applicant, an adult who is in the applicant's household, as defined in § 435.603(f), or family, as defined in section 36B(d)(1) of the Code, an authorized representative, or if the applicant is a minor or incapacitated, someone acting responsibly for the applicant, and any documentation required to establish eligibility -
(1) Via the internet Web site described in § 435.1200(f) of this part;
(2) By telephone;
(3) Via mail;
(4) In person; and
(5) Through other commonly available electronic means.
(b) The application must be -
(2) An alternative single, streamlined application for all insurance affordability programs, which may be no more burdensome on the applicant than the application described in paragraph (b)(1) of this section, approved by the Secretary.
(e)Limits on information.
(i) Provision of such SSN is voluntary;
(ii) Such SSN is used only to determine an applicant's or beneficiary's eligibility for Medicaid or other insurance affordability program or for a purpose directly connected to the administration of the State plan; and
(iii) At the time such SSN is requested, the agency provides clear notice to the individual seeking assistance, or person acting on such individual's behalf, that provision of the non-applicant's SSN is voluntary and information regarding how the SSN will be used.
(f) The agency must require that all initial applications are signed under penalty of perjury. Electronic, including telephonically recorded, signatures and handwritten signatures transmitted via any other electronic transmission must be accepted.
(h)Reinstatement of withdrawn applications.
(1) In the case of individuals described in paragraph (h)(2) of this section, the agency must reinstate the application submitted by the individual, effective as of the date the application was first received by the Exchange.
(2) Individuals described in this paragraph are individuals who -
Title 42 published on 19-Apr-2017 03:51
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 435 after this date.
- 42 CFR 600.310 — Application.
- 42 CFR 457.330 — Application.
- 42 CFR 457.10 — Definitions and Use of Terms.
- 42 CFR 435.4 — Definitions and Use of Terms.
- 42 CFR 457.340 — Application for and Enrollment in CHIP.
- 42 CFR 435.1205 — Alignment With Exchange Initial Open Enrollment Period.
- 42 CFR 435.911 — Determination of Eligibility.
- 42 CFR 435.916 — Periodic Renewal of Medicaid Eligibility.
- 42 CFR 435.923 — Authorized Representatives.
- 42 CFR 431.221 — Request for Hearing.
- 42 CFR 435.1110 — Presumptive Eligibility Determined by Hospitals.
- 42 CFR 435.1101 — Definitions Related to Presumptive Eligibility.