42 CFR 440.140 - Inpatient hospital services, nursing facility services, and intermediate care facility services for individuals age 65 or older in institutions for mental diseases.
(a)Inpatient hospital services. “Inpatient hospital services for individuals age 65 or older in institutions for mental diseases” means services provided under the direction of a physician for the care and treatment of beneficiaries in an institution for mental diseases that meets the requirements specified in § 482.60(b), (c), and (e) of this chapter and -
(1) Meets the requirements for utilization review in § 482.30(a), (b), (d), and (e) of this chapter; or
(b)Nursing facility services. “ Nursing facility services for individuals age 65 or older in institutions for mental diseases” means nursing facility services as defined in § 440.40 and in subpart B of part 483 of this chapter that are provided in institutions for mental diseases, as defined in § 435.1010 of this chapter.
- 42 CFR 456.351 — Definition.
- 42 CFR 440.220 — Required Services for the Medically Needy.
- 42 CFR 431.701 — Definitions.
- 42 CFR 440.250 — Limits on Comparability of Services.
- 42 CFR 441.302 — State Assurances.
- 42 CFR 441.310 — Limits on Federal Financial Participation (FFP).
- 42 CFR 435.1010 — Definitions Relating to Institutional Status.