9 CFR 325.5 - Unmarked inspected product transported under official seal between official establishments for further processing; certificate.
(a) Any product which has been inspected and passed may be transported from one official establishment to another for further processing without each article being marked with the official inspection legend, if it is so transported in a railroad car, motortruck, or other means of conveyance which is sealed by a Program employee with an official seal of the Department prescribed in § 312.5(a) of this subchapter. Unless 25 percent or more of the contents of each car or other means of conveyance consists of product not marked with the inspection legend, transportation will not be permitted under this paragraph.
(b) When articles are offered for transportation under paragraph (a) of this section, the initial carrier shall require, and the shipper shall make in duplicate and deliver to the carrier, one copy of a certificate in the following form: 1
1 For convenience in filing, it is requested that these certificates be made on paper 5 1/2 × 8 inches in size.
I hereby certify that the following described product has been U.S. inspected and passed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture; and that it is not marked “U.S. inspected and passed,” but has been placed in the means of conveyance specified above under the supervision of an employee of the Meat and Poultry Inspection Programs of said Department, and the means of conveyance has been sealed by him with official U.S. Government seals Nos. __ and __.
(c) The signature of the shipper or his agent shall be written in full. This certificate may be stamped upon or incorporated in any form ordinarily used in the transportation of product. Certificates in this form or copies thereof need not be forwarded to any official or office of the Department. The original of the certificate required by this section shall be retained by the carrier and a copy shall be retained by the shipper in accordance with part 320 of this subchapter. If the shipper is also the carrier, he shall nevertheless execute and retain the certificate in accordance with part 320 of this subchapter.
- 9 CFR 325.17 — Loading or Unloading Products in Sealed Railroad Cars, Trucks, Etc., en Route Prohibited; Exception.
- 9 CFR 325.7 — Shipment of Products Requiring Special Supervision Between Official Establishments Under Official Seal; Certificate.
- 9 CFR 325.5 — Unmarked Inspected Product Transported Under Official Seal Between Official Establishments for Further Processing; Certificate.
- 9 CFR 555.3 — Unmarked, Inspected Fish Product Transported Under Official Seal Between Official Establishments for Further Processing; Certificate.
- 9 CFR 325.15 — Evidence of Proper Certification Required on Waybills; Transfer Bills, Etc., for Shipment by Connecting Carrier; Forms of Statement.