He-W 670.03 - Determination of the Grant
He-W 670.03. Determination of the Grant
(a) For adult category financial assistance, the amount of the grant shall be determined as follows:
(1) If the net income amount is less than the adult category standard of need amount, the difference between the 2 amounts shall equal the grant;
(2) The grant shall be a monthly dollar amount;
(3) If the grant amount ends in:
a. $0.49 or less, it shall be rounded down to the nearest dollar; or
b. $0.50 or more, it shall be rounded up to the nearest dollar; and
(4) The minimum authorized grant amount shall be $2.00 per month, after rounding.
(b) For FANF financial assistance, the minimum authorized grant amount shall be determined in accordance with 45 CFR 233.20(a)(3)(viii)(C).
(c) The adult category grant pursuant to (a) above shall be reduced by one-third when the individual who is requesting, receiving, or will be receiving the grant :
(1) Resides with others in an independent living arrangement, as defined in He-W 601.90, and:
a. Does not have any food expenses;
b. Does not have any residence expenses associated with their independent living arrangement; and
c. Does not receive food stamp benefits, as described in 7 CFR 273.10; or
(2) Fails or refuses to provide the documentation described in (d) or (e) below, pursuant to He-W 606.01.
(d) An individual who has f ood expenses pursuant to (c)(1)a. above, shall provide written documentation that includes the following:
(1) The individual's printed name and address; and
(2) A signed statement from the individual certifying that he or she pays toward the food the individual and the individual's household eats.
(e) Residence expenses pursuant to (c)(1)b. above shall mean any of the following expenses incurred as a result of the individual's independent living arrangement:
(1) Rental costs to live in the independent living arrangement;
(2) Utility costs to live in the independent living arrangement;
(3) Mortgage payments to live in the independent living arrangement; or
(4) Property taxes or property insurance associated with living in the independent living arrangement.
(f) An individual who has residence expenses pursuant to (e) above, shall provide one of the following:
(1) A lease or rent receipt for the residence in the individual's name;
(2) A copy of a utility bill for the residence in the individual's name;
(3) A copy of a mortgage payment or statement for the residence in the individual's name;
(4) A copy of property taxes or property insurance for the residence in the individual's name; or
(5) A statement signed by the individual with whom the adult category applicant or recipient resides, certifying that the individual pays toward rent, a utility listed in (g) below, mortgage, property taxes, or property insurance for the residence.
(g) Only the following shall be considered a utility residence expense, pursuant to (e)(2) above:
(2) Cooking fuel;
(3) Heating fuel;
(4) Water or sewage; or
(5) Trash removal.
(See Revision Note at Chapter Heading He-W 600) #5171, eff 6-26-91; ss by #6531, INTERIM, eff 6-27-97, EXPIRED: 10-25-97; ss by #6614, eff 10-24-97; amd by #6826, eff 8-3-98; amd by #8452, eff 10-22-05; amd by #8684, eff 7-21-06; ss by #10075, eff 1-25-12
The following state regulations pages link to this page.