15 U.S. Code § 1681a - Definitions; rules of construction
 See References in Text note below.
 So in original. The period probably should be “; and”.
 So in original.
The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, referred to in subsec. (y)(3), is Pub. L. 107–204, July 30, 2002, 116 Stat. 745. Title I of the Act is classified principally to subchapter I (§ 7211 et seq.) of chapter 98 of this title. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title note set out under section 7201 of this title and Tables.
2018—Subsecs. (z), (aa). Pub. L. 115–174 added subsecs. (z) and (aa).
Subsecs. (w) to (y). Pub. L. 111–203, § 1088(a)(1), added subsec. (w) and redesignated former subsecs. (w) and (x) as (x) and (y), respectively.
2003—Subsec. (d)(2). Pub. L. 108–159, § 411(b)(1), substituted “Except as provided in paragraph (3), the term” for “The term” in introductory provisions.
Subsec. (d)(2)(D). Pub. L. 108–159, § 611(b), inserted “or (x)” after “subsection (o)”.
Subsec. (d)(3). Pub. L. 108–159, § 411(b)(2), added par. (3).
Subsec. (i). Pub. L. 108–159, § 411(c), inserted heading and amended text of subsec. (i) generally. Prior to amendment, text read as follows: “The term ‘medical information’ means information or records obtained, with the consent of the individual to whom it relates, from licensed physicians or medical practitioners, hospitals, clinics, or other medical or medically related facilities.”
Subsecs. (q) to (w). Pub. L. 108–159, § 111, added subsecs. (q) to (w).
Subsec. (x). Pub. L. 108–159, § 611(a), added subsec. (x).
1998—Subsec. (d)(2)(A)(iii). Pub. L. 105–347, § 6(1), struck out “any” before “communication of other”.
Subsec. (o)(1). Pub. L. 105–347, § 6(2), substituted “(d)(2)(D)” for “(d)(2)(E)”.
Subsec. (o)(4). Pub. L. 105–347, § 6(3), substituted “and” for “or” at end.
1996—Subsec. (d). Pub. L. 104–208, § 2402(e), inserted subsec. heading, designated existing provisions as par. (1) and inserted heading, redesignated cls. (1) to (3) as subpars. (A) to (C), respectively, added par. (2), and struck out at end “The term does not include (A) any report containing information solely as to transactions or experiences between the consumer and the person making the report; (B) any authorization or approval of a specific extension of credit directly or indirectly by the issuer of a credit card or similar device; or (C) any report in which a person who has been requested by a third party to make a specific extension of credit directly or indirectly to a consumer conveys his decision with respect to such request, if the third party advises the consumer of the name and address of the person to whom the request was made and such person makes the disclosures to the consumer required under section 1681m of this title.”
Subsec. (k). Pub. L. 104–208, § 2402(a), added subsec. (k).
Subsec. (l). Pub. L. 104–208, § 2402(b), added subsec. (l).
Subsec. (m). Pub. L. 104–208, § 2402(c), added subsec. (m).
Subsec. (n). Pub. L. 104–208, § 2402(d), added subsec. (n).
Subsec. (o). Pub. L. 104–208, § 2402(f), added subsec. (o).
Subsec. (p). Pub. L. 104–208, § 2402(g), added subsec. (p).
1992—Subsec. (j). Pub. L. 102–537 added subsec. (j).
Amendment by Pub. L. 108–159 subject to joint regulations establishing effective dates as prescribed by Federal Reserve Board and Federal Trade Commission, except as otherwise provided, see section 3 of Pub. L. 108–159, set out as a note under section 1681 of this title.
Section effective upon the expiration of one hundred and eighty days following Oct. 26, 1970, see section 504(d) of Pub. L. 90–321, as added by Pub. L. 91–508, set out as a note under section 1681 of this title.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- Alaska Admin. Code Title 3 § 26.690 - 3 AAC 26.690 - Access to and correction, amendment, or deletion of nonpublic personal information
- 10 CCR Sec. 1602 - § 1602 - Application for the Pilot Program for Increased Access to Responsible Small Dollar Loans: Form.
- COMAR 31.16.08.07 - 31.16.08.07 - Information To Be Included in Privacy Notices for Financial Information.
- Nev. Admin. Code § 679B.846 - 679B.846 - Information to be included in privacy notices: General items; description of parties subject to exceptions; categories of information collected and disclosed; categories of affiliates and nonaffiliated third parties to whom information disclosed.
- Okla Admin. Code § 365:35-1-12 - Section 365:35-1-12 - Information to be included in privacy notices
- Okla Admin. Code § 365:35-1-4 - Section 365:35-1-4 - Meanings of terms as used in this regulation; other substantive provisions
- 230-RICR-20-60-7 - Part 7 - Privacy of Consumer Information (formerly Insurance Regulation 99) (230-RICR-20-60-7)
- Vt. Code R. 21 020 053 - 21 020 053 - REGULATION IH-2001-01 - PRIVACY OF CONSUMER FINANCIAL AND HEALTH INFORMATION REGULATION