Fla. Admin. Code Ann. R. 64E-5.1120 - Subjects to Be Included in Training Courses for Logging Supervisors
The following subjects: must be included in training courses for logging supervisors.
(1) Fundamentals of radiation safety, including:
(a) Characteristics of radiation;
(b) Units of radiation dose and, if appropriate, quantity of radioactivity;
(c) Significance of radiation dose, including:
1. Radiation protection standards; and
2. Biological effects of radiation dose;
(d) Levels of radiation from sources of radiation; and
(e) Methods of minimizing radiation dose, including:
1. Working time;
2. Working distances; and
(2) Radiation detection instrumentation to be used, including:
(a) Use of radiation survey instruments, including operation, calibration and limitations;
(b) Survey techniques; and
(c) Use of personnel monitoring equipment.
(3) Equipment to be used, including:
(a) Handling equipment, if appropriate;
(b) Sources of radiation;
(c) Storage precautions, if appropriate, and control of equipment; and
(d) Operation and control of equipment.
(4) The requirements of these regulations.
(5) The licensee's or registrant's written operating and emergency procedures.
(6) The licensee's or registrant's record keeping procedures.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.