Fla. Admin. Code Ann. R. 64E-5.313 - Compliance with Dose Limits for Individual Members of the Public
(1) The licensee or registrant shall make or cause to be made surveys of radiation levels in unrestricted areas and radioactive materials in effluents released to unrestricted areas to demonstrate compliance with the dose limits for individual members of the public in Rule 64E-5.312, F.A.C.
(2) A licensee or registrant shall show compliance with the annual dose limit in Rule 64E-5.312, F.A.C., by:
(a) Demonstrating by measurement or calculation that the total effective dose equivalent to the individual who is likely to receive the highest dose from the licensed or registered operation does not exceed the annual dose limit; or
(b) Demonstrating that:
1. The annual average concentrations of radioactive material released in gaseous and liquid effluents at the boundary of the unrestricted area do not exceed the values specified in State of Florida Bureau of Radiation Control ALIs, DACs and Effluent Concentrations, June 2012, Table II; and
2. The dose from external sources would not exceed 0.002 rem (0.02 millisievert) in an hour and 0.05 rem (0.5 millisievert) in a year if an individual were continually present in an unrestricted area.
(3) Upon approval from the Department, the licensee can adjust the effluent concentration values in State of Florida Bureau of Radiation Control ALIs, DACs, and Effluent Concentrations, June 2012, for members of the public to take into account the actual physical and chemical characteristics of the effluents, such as aerosol size distribution, solubility, density, radioactive decay equilibrium, and chemical form.
(4) Dental and podiatry registrants are exempt from subsections (1), (2), and (3), above.
(5) Each licensee or registrant shall maintain records sufficient to demonstrate compliance with the dose limit for individual members of the public until the department terminates each pertinent license or registration requiring the record.
Rulemaking Authority 404.051, 404.081 FS. Law Implemented 404.022, 404.051(1), (4), 404.081 FS.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.