Wash. Admin. Code § 392-172A-01005 - Purposes
The purposes of this chapter are to:
(1) Implement chapter 28A.155 RCW consistent with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, 20 U.S.C. Sec. 1400 et seq.;
(2) Ensure that all students eligible for special education services have available to them a free appropriate public education (FAPE) that emphasizes special education and related services designed to meet their unique needs and prepare them for further education, employment, and independent living;
(3) Ensure that the rights of students eligible for special education services and their parents are protected;
(4) Assist school districts, educational service agencies and federal and state agencies to provide for the education of all students eligible for special education services; and
(5) Assess and ensure the effectiveness of efforts to educate students eligible for special education services.
Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.155.090(7) and 42 U.S.C. 1400 et. seq. 07-14-078, § 392-172A-01005, filed 6/29/07, effective 7/30/07.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.