495A-121-012 - Jurisdiction
Refer to WAC 495A-115-030 for Title IX violations jurisdiction as it applies to student conduct procedures relating to Title IX.
(1) The student conduct code shall apply to student conduct that occurs:
(a) In or on college facilities;
(b) At or in connection with college-sponsored activities; or
(c) Off campus when in the judgment of the college it adversely affects the college community or the pursuit of its objectives.
(2) This chapter applies to conduct which occurs at all locations where students are engaged in college activities, including:
(a) Foreign or domestic travel;
(b) Activities funded or sponsored by the associated students;
(c) Athletic or recreational events;
(d) Training internships or cooperative education;
(e) Distance education or online education;
(f) Practicums or supervised work experiences;
(g) Apprenticeship sites; or
(h) Any other college-sanctioned activities.
(3) This chapter applies to conduct from the time of application for admission through the actual receipt of a degree or certificate, including conduct that may occur before classes begin, after classes end, during the academic year, or during periods between terms of actual enrollment. This chapter shall apply to a student's conduct even if the student withdraws from the college while a disciplinary matter is pending.
(4) The college has sole discretion on a case-by-case basis to determine whether this student conduct code applies to conduct that occurs off campus.
(5) In addition to initiating disciplinary proceedings for violation of the student conduct code, the college may refer any violations of federal, state, or local laws to civil and criminal authorities for disposition. The college may continue with student disciplinary proceedings regardless of whether the underlying conduct is subject to civil proceedings or criminal prosecution.(Amended by WSR 19-14-073, Filed 6/30/2019, effective 7/31/2019 Amended by WSR 20-24-107, Filed 12/1/2020, effective 1/1/2021)
Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140(10). 00-11-147, § 495A-121-012, filed 5/24/00, effective 6/24/00.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.