388D.030 - Registration of scholarship organization to participate in Nevada Educational Choice Scholarship Program
388D.030. Registration of scholarship organization to participate in Nevada Educational Choice Scholarship Program
To participate in the Nevada Educational Choice Scholarship Program, a scholarship organization must register with the Department by providing:
1. On a form provided by the Superintendent of Public Instruction:
(a) The name, address and contact information of the scholarship organization; and
(b) If the scholarship organization uses a fiscal year other than July 1 to June 30, the period of the fiscal year used by the scholarship organization;
2. Evidence of an official declaration by the Internal Revenue Service that the scholarship organization qualifies as a tax-exempt organization pursuant to 26 U.S.C. § 501(c);
3. Confirmation that the scholarship organization is incorporated pursuant to chapter 82 of NRS;
4. A copy of the written procedures established pursuant to NAC 388D.080; and
5. An affidavit signed by the chief executive officer or president or chair of the board of directors of the scholarship organization under penalty of perjury stating that:
(a) No member of the board of directors or employee of the scholarship organization:
(1) Has declared bankruptcy within the 7 years immediately preceding the date on which the affidavit is submitted; or
(2) Has ever been convicted of a felony; and
(b) Neither the scholarship organization nor any member of the board of directors or employee thereof owns or operates a school in this State that receives grant money from the Nevada Educational Choice Scholarship Program.
(Added to NAC by Dep't of Education by R035-15, eff. 10-27-2015) - (Substituted in revision for NAC 385.6015)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.