407.122 - Off-highway vehicles
407.122. Off-highway vehicles
1. If the Administrator deems the use of off-highway vehicles to be appropriate in a park, the Administrator may grant final approval to designate areas in the park for the use of off-highway vehicles.
2. A person may drive or operate an off-highway vehicle in a park if:
(a) The person obtains a permit to operate an off-highway vehicle in the park;
(b) The person is 14 years of age or older;
(c) The person and any passengers in the off-highway vehicle each wear a helmet that meets or exceeds the standards regarding impact and retention set forth in 49 C.F.R. § 571.218; and
(d) The person operates the off-highway vehicle:
(1) In a designated area for which the Administrator has granted final approval pursuant to subsection 1;
(2) At a rate of speed that is reasonable and proper, having due regard to the conditions of the driving surface, the weather and other conditions;
(3) In any event, at a speed that is not greater than 20 miles per hour; and
(4) In a safe manner.
Added to NAC by Div. of St. Parks by R153-03, eff. 1-16-2004; A by R157-07, 1-30-2008
NRS 407.0475, 407.065
The following state regulations pages link to this page.