459.216 - General licenses: Certain detecting, measuring, gauging or controlling devices and devices for producing light or ionized atmosphere
459.216. General licenses: Certain detecting, measuring, gauging or controlling devices and devices for producing light or ionized atmosphere
1. A general license is issued to commercial and industrial firms, to research, educational and medical institutions, to a person engaged in the conduct of his or her own business, and to the state and local governments, including the agencies of either, to own, receive, acquire, possess, use or transfer, in accordance with the provisions of subsections 2 and 3 and NAC 459.218, radioactive material, excluding special nuclear material, contained in devices designed and manufactured for the purpose of detecting, measuring, gauging or controlling thickness, density, level, interface location, radiation, leakage or qualitative or quantitative chemical composition or for producing light or an ionized atmosphere.
2. The general license in subsection 1 applies only to radioactive material contained in devices which have been manufactured or initially transferred and labeled in accordance with the specifications contained in a specific license issued by the Division pursuant to NAC 459.282, or in accordance with the specifications contained in a specific license issued by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission or an agreement state or contained in an equivalent specific license issued by a state with provisions comparable to 10 C.F.R. § 32.51.
3. A general licensee may receive a device described in this section only from a specific licensee described in subsection 2 or through a transfer made pursuant to subsection 9 of NAC 459.218 and 459.2185.
4. The general license provided in subsection 1 is subject to the provisions of NAC 459.124 to 459.134, inclusive, 459.198, 459.208, 459.2185, 459.219, 459.287, 459.289, 459.2895, 459.3062, 459.3075, 459.312 and 459.313.
5. The general license provided in subsection 1 does not authorize the manufacture or import of devices containing radioactive material.
Bd. of Health, Radiation Control Reg. §§ 18.104.22.168-22.214.171.124.2, 126.96.36.199.4 & 188.8.131.52.5, eff. 2-28-80-NAC A by R085-06, 11-13-2006; R149-07, 1-30-2008; R185-08, 5-7-2010
The following state regulations pages link to this page.