459.313 - Shipment of radioactive waste or by-product material for disposal at licensed land disposal facility
459.313. Shipment of radioactive waste or by-product material for disposal at licensed land disposal facility
1. Transfers of low-level radioactive waste by any waste generator, waste collector or waste processor who ships low-level radioactive waste either directly or indirectly through a waste collector or waste processor to a licensed low-level radioactive waste land disposal facility are governed by the requirements of this section and NAC 459.8231 and Appendix G.
2. A licensee who ships radioactive waste intended for ultimate disposal at a licensed land disposal facility must document the information required on the Nuclear Regulatory Commission's Uniform Low-Level Radioactive Waste Manifest, and transfer the recorded manifest information to the intended consignee in accordance with the provisions of Appendix G.
3. Each manifest described in subsection 2 must include a certification by the waste generator as provided in section II of Appendix G.
4. Each person involved in the transfer for disposal or the disposal of radioactive waste, including, without limitation, the waste generator, waste collector, waste processor and disposal facility operator, shall comply with the requirements of section III of Appendix G.
5. A licensee who ships any by-product material specified in subsections 2 and 3 of NAC 459.022, which is intended for disposal at a land disposal facility licensed pursuant to 10 C.F.R. Part 61, shall document the information required on the Nuclear Regulatory Commission's Uniform Low-Level Radioactive Waste Manifest and transfer the recorded information to the intended consignee in accordance with Appendix G.
Added to NAC by Bd. of Health by R085-06, eff. 11-13-2006; A by R185-08, 5-7-2010; A by R144-13A, eff. 10-13-2016
The following state regulations pages link to this page.