82.215 - Exemption from requirements for registration and filing
82.215. Exemption from requirements for registration and filing
1. A corporation which solicits or intends to solicit charitable contributions as defined in paragraph (b) of subsection 7 of NRS 82.392 may claim an exemption from the requirements of that section as they pertain to registration and filing if:
(a) The corporation:
(1) Meets the criteria to qualify as a religious organization pursuant to 26 U.S.C. § 501(c) and any federal regulations relating thereto;
(2) Solicits a total of not more than 14 persons during each year for which the corporation files an annual list as required by subsection 3 of NRS 82.193; or
(3) Directs solicitations only to persons who are related within the third degree of consanguinity or affinity to the officers, directors, trustees or executive personnel of the corporation.
(b) The corporation files a statement of exemption on a form prescribed by the Secretary of State.
2. A statement of exemption must:
(a) Specify the reason for the exemption; and
(b) Be filed at the time the corporation files its initial or annual list pursuant to subsection 3 of NRS 82.193.
3. The form for a statement of exemption must include, without limitation:
(a) The name of the corporation as filed with the Secretary of State;
(b) The exact name of the corporation as registered with the Internal Revenue Service, if different from that registered with the Secretary of State;
(c) The federal tax identification number of the corporation;
(d) The tax exempt status of the corporation;
(e) A provision allowing the corporation to indicate one or more of the reasons for exemption as set forth in subsection 1; and
(f) The signature of an officer of the corporation certifying, under penalty of perjury, that the information contained in the statement of exemption is true, complete and accurate.
Added to NAC by Sec'y of State by R147-13, eff. 3-28-2014
The following state regulations pages link to this page.